|The Baptist Preparatory School|
62 Pleasant Valley Dr.
|NCES School ID||A0790011|
|Head of school||Dr. Rex Horne|
|Team name||Baptist Prep Eagles|
The Baptist Preparatory School (or Baptist Prep) is a private, independent college preparatory, preschool, elementary, and junior/senior high school Christian school in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States. Founded in 1981, The Baptist Preparatory School via its Lower School and Upper School provide Christian-based education to more than 550 students annually in kindergarten through grade 12.
The Baptist Preparatory School
The Baptist Preparatory School serves as the private school that consists of the two campuses:
- Lower School - serves as the elementary school (prekindergarten through grade 6).
- Upper School - serves as the secondary school (grades 7 through 12).
The Baptist Preparatory School is accredited by the Arkansas Nonpublic School Accreditation Association (ANSAA) and by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Students complete regular courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams that provide an opportunity for college credit. Concurrent college credit courses are offered through John Brown University. Students must complete 26 credits (22 credits + 4 credits Bible) to graduate from Baptist Prep, which equates to the Arkansas Department of Education requirement of 22 credits for public school students. Three types of diplomas are offered: the Standard Diploma (26 credits), the College Preparatory Diploma (27 credits), and the Student of Distinction Diploma (28 credits).
The Baptist Preparatory School mascot and athletic emblem is the Eagle with navy blue, white, and red serving as the school colors.
Baptist Prep has a full band and choral music program for grades 5-12.
Baptist Prep play in the 4A Classification within the 4A District 5 NORTH Region Conference administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The school participates in football, golf (boys'/girls'), cross country, basketball (boys'/girls'), cheer, dance, soccer (boys'/girls'), baseball, softball, swimming and diving (boys'/girls'), tennis (boys'/girls'), volleyball, and track and field (boys'/girls'). Baptist Prep supports after school programs in archery and trap shooting. The trap shooting team participates in the Arkansas Youth Shooting Sports Program, Amateur Trapshooting Association’s Academics, Integrity, and Marksmanship (AIM) Program, and the Scholastic Clay Trap Program.
The Baptist Prep Eagles have won numerous state championships:
- Boys' Golf (8): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2018,2020
- Girls' Golf (4): 2008, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Boys' Tennis (4): 1997, 1998, 1999, 2013
- Boys' Basketball (6): 1997, 1999, 2009, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Baseball: 1999
Clubs and traditions
The Baptist Preparatory School students participate in a variety of clubs and organizations including National Beta Club, Chapel Praise Team, Eagle Forum, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Future Business Leaders of America, International Club, Mu Alpha Theta (math honor society), National Honor Society (NHS), Quiz Bowl, and Student Council and Drama Club.
- David Hodges - Class of 1997
- "Search for Private Schools – School Detail for The Baptist Preparatory School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved December 29, 2012.
- "2012-–13 High School Handbook" (PDF). Arkansas Baptist School System. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 8, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2012–13 Academic Handbook and Course Selection Guide" (PDF). Arkansas Baptist School System. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 8, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "School Profile, Arkansas Baptist High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved December 29, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2012-13 Arkansas State Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 31, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)