24 July 2006 (re-commissioned)
|Headquarters||459 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore|
|400,000 litres per annum|
|Owner||Heineken Asia Pacific|
The Archipel Brouwerij Compagnie (Archipelago Brewery Co.) was formed in Batavia (now known as Jakarta), by German brewer, Beck's. It opened its brewery in Singapore in November 1933, produced Anchor Beer.
During World War II, the British deemed the brewery to be enemy territory due to its German ties and seized it in 1941. It was then bought by Malayan Breweries Ltd, which in 1990 was renamed Asia Pacific Breweries. In 2013, Asia Pacific Breweries merged to become Heineken Asia Pacific.
Archipelago Brewery is currently Heineken Asia Pacific’s craft brewing arm. The old Archipelago Brewery was re-commissioned on 24 July 2006, with internationally acclaimed Brew Master, Fal Allen and Malcom Lewis. Three variants of the Archipelago craft beers, namely Traveller's Wheat, Straits Pale and Traders Brown Ale were launched at Archipelago's flagship pub located on Circular Road in Singapore (now closed).
The re-launch of Archipelago is consistent with Heineken Asia Pacific's objectives to add a new dimension to Singapore's beer industry; and to continue to grow its presence and stature locally. Archipelago Brewery produces boutique beers in small batches. In 2016, Archipelago Brewery brewed and sold 390,000 litres of beer.
The Archipelago Brewery currently produces six permanent beers: Tropical Pale Ale, Singapore Blonde Ale, Belgian Wit, Summer IPA, Bohemian Lager and Irish Ale, as well as occasional Limited Edition brews.
Occasionally, the brewery creates speciality brews which are typically sold as limited-release products, produced in much smaller quantities than the regular brews. Previous speciality brews include:
- Anderson Valley Brewing collaboration Pale Ale – Fresh seedless red Californian grapes were squeezed and added to boil in the last 5 minutes, along with Nelson Sauvin and Pacifica hops to give it a subtle orange and gooseberry hop aroma. After a week of cold conditioning, the beer was flushed into a separate tank containing dry hopping bags full of freshly cut and sterilised passion fruit. ABV 4.6%, Bitterness 32 IBU, Colour 25EBC
- 1925 Archi Mango IPA collaboration – Various hops were used in the boil and whirlpool to give it flavours of grapefruit, orange and passion fruit. Fresh Mango was added on the 4-day of fermentation along with generous amounts of Centennial hops to give it herbal lemon citrus aromas. ABV – 5.55% Bitterness – 45 IBU.
- Renku Lager – Dry hopped with Challenger (UK) and a dash of Japanese green tea which provides a clean fresh aroma of evergreen, wood and green tea tones.
- HOPSALE – American Pale Ale with 8 types of hops added throughout different stages of the brew. 5% ABV
- COCO's Cream – Nitrogen saturated smooth pour cream ale made with a large amount of cooking chocolate. 4.2% ABV
- TALL TALE Pale Ale – Mixed with lemon grass
|2008||Brew NZ||Samui||Silver||Fruit/Spiced/Herb/Flavoured Beer, Fruit and Vegetable|
|2008||Brew NZ||Explorer||Silver||French and Belgian Style Ales, French-Belgian Style Saison|
|2010||World Beer Cup||Straits Pale||Silver||International Pale Ale|
|2011||The Brewing Industry International Awards||Belgian Wit||Bronze||Wheat Beer|
|2011||Australian International Beer Awards||Belgian Wit||Silver||Witbier Style|
|2011||Australian International Beer Awards||Irish Ale||Silver||British Style Pale Ale|
|2011||Australian International Beer Awards||Summer Ale||Bronze||British Style Pale Ale|
|2011||International Brewing Awards||Hickory Smoked IPA||Bronze||Specialty|
|2011||Brew NZ||Bohemian Lager||Silver||International Lager Styles|
|2011||Brew NZ||Irish Ale||Gold||British Ale Styles|
|2011||NZ||Summer Ale||Silver||British Ale Styles|
|2011||Brew NZ||Belgian Wit||Bronze||Wheat & Other Grain Styles|
|2011||Japanese Beer Awards||Irish Ale||Silver||Irish Ales category, only medal in the category|
|2011||Japanese Beer Awards||Bohemian Lager||Silver||International Lager Styles, only medal in the category|
|2011||Japanese Beer Awards||Summer Ale||Bronze||English Style Summer Ales, only medal in the category|
|2012||Australian International Beer Awards||Summer Ale||Bronze||English Summer Ale|
|2012||Australian International Beer Awards||Irish Ale||Bronze||American Styly Red Draught|
|2012||Australian International Beer Awards||Belgian Wit||Silver||Belgian Wit Draught|
|2012||International Beer Challenge UK||Bohemian Lager||Silver||Lager|
|2012||International Beer Challenge UK||Irish Ale||Bronze||Ales|
|2012||International Beer Challenge UK||Sake Sorachi||Bronze||Specialty|
|2012||Brewers Guild Awards NZ||Belgian Wit||Gold||Wheat & Other Grain Styles|
|2012||Japan International Beer Award||Bohemian Lager||Gold||International – Style Lager|
|2012||Japan International Beer Award||Summer Ale||Bronze||English Style – Summer Ale|
|2012||Japan International Beer Award||Belgian Wit||Bronze||Belgian-Style Witbier|
|2014||Japan International Beer Award||English Bitter||Silver||Ordinary Bitter|
|2014||Japan International Beer Award||Belgian Wit||Bronze||Belgian-Style Witbier|
|2016||BeerFest Asia Singapore||Belgian Wit||Gold||Belgian-Style Witbier|
|2016||BeerFest Asia Singapore||Blemished Flemish Saison||Silver||Saison – Farmhouse|
|2017||BeerFest Asia Singapore||Singapore Blonde Ale||Bronze||Golden Ale|