|Live album by|
|Producer||Jeff Greinke, Doug Haire|
Archipelago is the second album by the American group Land, who blend jazz, rock, and world music. A May, 1996 concert broadcast formed the basis for most of the album, Archipelago. "Deep", the final track for Archipelago, was recorded in February 1997, with finishing touches completed in July. The album was released on the Periplum label later that year.
Peter Monaghan, writing for Earshot Jazz magazine, describes Archipelago, in part: "LAND, on its second album, continues to construct transporting, otherworldly terrains of rich melody, washes of acoustic and electric sound, and pulsing and jangling rhythm. Add to that fine improv by all band members..."
All songs composed by Land
- Deep - 9:10
- Motility - 9:59
- Quake - 7:54
- Stream - 7:55
- Hill - 7:27
- Kata - 6:30
- Frame - 5:13
- Tell - 8:11
- Jeff Greinke - Keyboards, loops, effects, vocals, producer
- Lesli Dalaba - Percussion, trumpet
- Dennis Rea - Guitars
- George Soler - Stick, loops, effects
- Bill Moyer - Drums, percussion
- Greg Gilmore - Drums, percussion, loops, effects
- Ed Pias - Drums, percussion, vocal sample
- Doug Haire - Engineer
- CD Liner notes
- Allmusic Archipelago > Overview Retrieved November 28, 2007.
- Discogs Archipelago Retrieved November 28, 2007.
- Greinke, Jeff Jeff Greinke (LAND) - Archipelago