An archenemy may also be referred to as an archrival, archfoe, archvillain,[better source needed] or archnemesis. However, an archenemy may also be distinguished from a nemesis, with the latter being an enemy whom the hero cannot defeat (or who defeats the hero), even while not being a longstanding or consistent enemy to the hero.
- "archenemy definition". Dictionary.com. Archived from the original on 5 October 2008. Retrieved 7 September 2008.
- "archenemy – Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary". Merriam-Webster. Retrieved 26 June 2008.
- Wicaksono, Rachel. "BBC World Service | Learning English | Ask about English". BBC. Retrieved 26 June 2008.
- "Definition of ARCHRIVAL". www.merriam-webster.com. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Definition of ARCHFOE". www.merriam-webster.com.
- "Definition of ARCHVILLAIN". www.merriam-webster.com. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Definition of ARCHNEMESIS". www.merriam-webster.com.
- Sage Michael, How to Become a Superhero: the Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate You! (2011), p. 228.
|This literature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|