Archbold Criminal Pleading, Evidence and Practice (usually called simply Archbold) is the leading practitioners' text for criminal lawyers in England & Wales and several other common law jurisdictions around the world.
It has been in publication since 1822, when it was first written by John Frederick Archbold, and is currently published by Sweet & Maxwell, a subsidiary of Thomson Reuters. Forty-three revisions were published prior to 1992 and since then it has been published annually. Its authority is such that it is often quoted in court.
The team of authors is made up of experienced barristers, QCs and judges, headed up by general editor P.J. Richardson QC, an experienced barrister who has overseen each edition of Archbold since 1982.
- J. F. Archbold (1st – 3rd eds) (1822–1829);
- John Jervis (4th – 9th eds) (1831–1843);
- William Newland Welsby (10th – 15th eds) (1846–1862);
- W. Bruce (16th – 21st eds) (1867–1893);
- W. F. Craies and G. Stephenson (22nd – 23rd eds) (1900–1905);
- W. F. Craies and H. D. Roome (24th ed.) (1910);
- H. D. Roome and R. E. Ross (25th – 27th eds) (1918–1927);
- R. E. Ross and T. R. F. Butler (28th – 29th eds) (1931–1934);
- R. E. Ross and M. Turner (30th ed.) (1938);
- T. R. F. Butler and M. Garsia (31st – 37th eds) (1943–1969);
- T. R. F. Butler and S. G. Mitchell (38th ed.) (1973);
- S. G. Mitchell (39th – 40th eds) (1976–1979);
- S. G. Mitchell and P. J. Richardson (41st – 42nd eds) (1982–1985);
- S. G. Mitchell, P. J. Richardson and D. A. Thomas (43rd ed.) (1988);
- P. J. Richardson (1992–2018)
- The 1st edition of this book (1822), from Google Books .
- The 1st American edition of this book (1824), from Google Books .
- The 4th edition of this book (1831), from Google Books 
- The 5th American edition of this book (1846), from Google Books 
- The 12th edition of this book, republished (with accretions and along with another book by Archbold) in Waterman's Archbold (1853), volume 1  and volume 2 , from Google Books.
- The 23rd edition of this book from Internet Archive.