24 August 1994
Khan had his screen debut in the 2010 film West Is West, the sequel to the 1999 film East Is East. He was fifteen years old when he auditioned. and was sixteen years old and sixth form Khan had done only one school play when younger and had no other acting experience when cast. He was considered "something of a find" for the film due to his resemblance to actor Jordan Routledge who played the role of Sajid in the original film. Of his performance, Belfast Telegraph wrote that Khan "has revealed he already had a strong connection to the character of Sajid Khan before he was cast in the sequel to hit comedy East Is East," RTÉ wrote "Newcomer Aqib Khan is superb as the cheeky, angst-ridden teen, and his change of heart plays out convincingly", The Scotsman wrote "as Sajid, young Aqib Khan has enough natural charm and confidence to make him an endearing scene-stealer." and National Post wote "newbie Aqib Khan fits perfectly."
|2010||West Is West||Sajid Khan||Film|
|2011||The Jury||Rashid Jarwar||Main role; 5 episodes|
|2013||Our Lad||Umer||Short film|
|2014||Going to Mecca||Short film|
|2014||Remember Me||Zamir Salim||2 episodes|
|2016||Pit Stop||Noveed||Short film|
|2017||In the Dark||Mikey||1 episode|
|2017||Lies We Tell||Pinoo||Film|
|2017||In Another Life||Tarek||Film|
|2019||Years and Years||Vijay Babu||2 episodes|
|2019–present||Ladhood||Adnan Masood||Main role|
- Staff (17 February 2011). "Aqib fitted right into Sajid role". The Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Aqib Khan, star on the horizon or chartered accountant? (Flash video) (News). BBC News. 20 October 2010. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- West is West star Aqib Khan interviewed (Flash video) (News). BBC News. 24 February 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Eriksson, Scott (15 July 2011). "Aqib Khan Interview: West Is West". Asians in Film. Archived from the original on 2 May 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Staff (23 November 2010). "Thornton teenager cast in sequel to classic film East Is East". Telegraph and Argus. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- Carnevale, Rob (24 February 2011). "West Is West – Aqib Khan interview". IndieLondon. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Joseph, Rebecca-Jane (24 February 2011). "Interview with Aqib Khan for West Is West". heyuguys.co.uk. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Delaney, Laura (24 February 2011). "review: West Is West". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- "Film Review: West Is West". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 24 February 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- Siddiqi, Maryam (24 March 2011). "Film Review: West Is West". National Post. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- Carole (16 March 2011). "Actu UK : The Jury pour ITV et Top Boy pour Channel 4 en tournage ; BBC Two commande Line of Duty". Critictoo (in French). Retrieved 1 January 2011.