This article does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Aptos High School|
100 Mariner Way
|School type||Public Comprehensive High School|
|School district||Pajaro Valley Unified School District (PVUSD)|
|Number of students||1,400 (2016)|
|Colour(s)||Midnight Blue and Light Grey|
|Slogan||It's a great day to be a Mariner.|
|Athletics||comprehensive athletics program|
|Mascot||Mac The Mariner|
|Team name||The Mariners|
Aptos High School is a comprehensive secondary school in Aptos, California, USA in the Pajaro Valley Unified School District. Aptos High serves the communities of Rio Del Mar, Corralitos, Seacliff, Seascape, La Selva Beach, Buena Vista and Watsonville.
In addition to standard curriculum, Aptos High School offers video production, computer technology, and various other courses. Some of the music classes, such as guitar, were dropped due to cuts in the California school budget. But these classes were recently reinstated.
As of 2008 Aptos High School has a new Performing Arts Center, where school plays are performed. It also has a neighboring second gymnasium used for multiple sports, such as basketball and volleyball, and baseball.
The campus includes a popular disc golf course that is open to the public outside of school hours.
In 2010, the Mariners hired Coach Randy Blankenship from Madera to be their new head football coach. Since then, the Mariners football team has been to the playoffs every year. They have won five consecutive league championship and three consecutive section championships. The Girls Cross-Country team has won eleven section titles and two CIF State Championships. The Girls Volleyball team has qualified for the section playoffs for the past 26 years in a row. The Girls Track & Field team owns the second longest dual-meet win streak in California history. Between 1996 and 2005, they won 118 consecutive dual meets.
- Greg London, American singer
- Trent Dilfer, American football player, Super Bowl Champion, Baltimore Ravens
- Sam Kennedy American football player, Super Bowl Champion, SF 49ers
- Brett Gotcher. professional long distance runner
- Estelí Gomez, Grammy award winning singer
- Randy Kramer (baseball coach) MLB Pitcher, Professional baseball scout Toronto Blue Jays
- Donny McCaslin, professional jazz saxophonist and recording artist
- Marisa Miller, swimsuit model
- Jeff Schalk, professional mountain bike racer
- Carlos Torres, pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers
- Peter Mel,BIG Wave- 2X Maverick Champ Professional Surfer-
- Robert Oberst Professional Strongman Competitor
- Jennifer Palmieri White House communications Director