|Apaye (A Mother's Love)|
|Produced by||Emem Isong|
Emem Isong Productions
Apaye (English: A Mother's Love) is a 2014 Nigerian biographical drama film directed by Desmond Elliot and starring Clarion Chukwura, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Belinda Effah, and Mbong Amata. It premièred at the Silverbird Cinemas, Victoria Island, Lagos on 7, March 2014. The comic role Yepayeye, tells the story of the life and struggles of Elder Irene Yepayeye Uriah-Dieah, who was a relative of Goodluck Jonathan in real life.
It tells a story about how Yepayeye (Clarion Chukwurah) struggles to overcome the many challenges of a single mother of 6 and eventually triumphed in ensuring the uprightness and education of her kids.
- Kanayo O. Kanayo as Emman
- Clarion Chukwura as Yepayeye
- Belinda Effah as Young Yepayeye
- Mbong Amata as Suam
- Caro Michael as Small Yepayeye
Nollywood Reinvented gave it a 53% ratings then praised the storyline, directing and music. It concluded by stating that despite her low expectations from movies generally Apaye succeeded in being a "...Pleasant Surprise...".
- "Apaye film Premiere". BellaNaija. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Apaye to premiere March 7th". Punch. Archived from the original on 6 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Apaye". Nigeria films. Archived from the original on 19 March 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Apaye". sunnewsonline.com. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Apaye premieres in Lagos". trendyafrica.com. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Apaye Movie". bizwatchnigeria.ng. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Apaye on Nollywood Reinvented". nollywoodreinvented.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Nigerian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|