Morrow with the Pelicans in 2014
September 27, 1985 |
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Charlotte Latin School
(Charlotte, North Carolina)
|College||Georgia Tech (2004–2008)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|2008–2010||Golden State Warriors|
|2010–2012||New Jersey Nets|
|2013–2014||New Orleans Pelicans|
|2014–2017||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Anthony Jarrad Morrow (born September 27, 1985) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m), 210 lb (95 kg; 15 st) shooting guard played college basketball at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He went undrafted in the 2008 NBA draft but was later signed by the Golden State Warriors and is now considered one of the best three-point shooters in the NBA.
Golden State Warriors (2008–2010)
In his first NBA start, he scored 37 points on 15-for-20 shooting against the Los Angeles Clippers—the most points ever scored in a game by an undrafted player in his rookie season—and grabbed 11 rebounds. Morrow finished the 2008–09 season as the first rookie and first Warrior ever to lead the league in three-point field goal shooting, going 86-for-184 for a .467 percentage.
Morrow re-joined the Warriors for the 2009 NBA Summer League, where he scored 47 points for the Warriors in a game against the New Orleans Hornets – setting the record for the most points scored by an individual in a game at the NBA Summer League.
New Jersey Nets (2010–2012)
On February 3, 2012, Morrow scored a career high 42 points in a loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Atlanta Hawks (2012–2013)
Dallas Mavericks (2013)
New Orleans Pelicans (2013–2014)
Oklahoma City Thunder (2014–2017)
On July 16, 2014, Morrow signed a three-year, $10 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder. On April 1, 2015, he scored a season-high 32 points on 11-of-16 shooting in a loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
On January 4, 2016, Morrow scored a season-high 20 points in a loss to the Sacramento Kings.
Chicago Bulls (2017)
Portland Trail Blazers (2017)
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
|*||Led the league|
|2009–10||Golden State||69||37||29.2||.468||.456||.886||3.8||1. 5||.9||.2||13.0|
- Anthony Morrow is a three-point shooter, which is all the Thunder really need
- Anthony Morrow Player Profile – RealGM
- Rookie Morrow explodes for 37 points, 11 boards in 1st NBA start
- A rookie whose 3-point stroke leads the league
- Morrow sets Summer League mark
- Ellis, Morrow lead Warriors past Mavericks 111-103
- "Nets Acquire Guard Anthony Morrow". NBA.com. July 13, 2010. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Stephenson, Colin (March 29, 2011). "Nets' Anthony Morrow has mastered the art of the 3-point shot after years of practice". NJ.com. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Nets let Anthony Morrow's career-high 42-point effort go to waste Archived 2012-02-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- "TWO MAJOR TRANSACTIONS SIGNIFICANTLY RESHAPE HAWKS FUTURE". NBA.com. July 11, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "NBA trades - Mavs acquire Anthony Morrow at deadline". ESPN.com. February 21, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- PELICANS SIGN ANTHONY MORROW
- "Thunder Signs Anthony Morrow". NBA.com. Retrieved September 20, 2016
- Thunder Agree To Sign Anthony Morrow On Three-Year, $10M Deal
- Mavs beat Thunder 135-131 despite Westbrook triple-double
- "Cousins has 33 points, 19 boards, Kings top Thunder 116-104". NBA.com. January 4, 2016. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Bulls acquire Payne, Morrow, and Lauvergne from Thunder". NBA.com. February 23, 2017. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "TRAIL BLAZERS SIGN ANTHONY MORROW". NBA.com. September 18, 2017. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- "TRAIL BLAZERS WAIVE BRISCOE, GOODWIN AND MORROW". NBA.com. October 13, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anthony Morrow.|