|Born||November 29, 1971|
Anthony Kaldellis was born on 29 November 1971 in Athens, Greece. He received his B.A. (1994) and Ph.D. (2001) in History from the University of Michigan. After gaining his Ph.D. Kaldellis has served as Assistant Professor (2001-2006), Associate Professor (2006-2007), Professor (2007-) and Chair (2015-) of the Department of Classics at Ohio State University.
Kaldellis specializes in Greek historiography, Plato and Byzantine Studies. He is the author of numerous monographs on classical antiquity and the Byzantine Empire, which have been translated into many languages.
Kaldellis is a member of the advisory boards of the Journal of Late Antiquity (2016-), Minerva (2013), and Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Studies (2008-); a member of the editorial boards of the Byzantine Greek series of the Dumbarton Oaks Medieval Library (2008-) and Estudios Bizantinos: Digital Journal of the Spanish Society of Byzantine Studies (2012-); and Associate Editor of Bryn Mawr Classical Review (2017-), of which he was Editor from 2010 to 2017. He has previously been Series Editor of Routledge Classical Translations (2011-2015), member of the editorial board of Medieval Confluences: Studies in the Intellectual History and Comparative History of Ideas of the Medieval World (2009-2019), and Review Editor of Speculum: A Journal of Medieval Studies (2006-2012).
- The Argument of Psellos’ Chronographia, 1999
- Procopius of Caesarea: Tyranny, History, and Philosophy at the End of Antiquity, 2004
- Hellenism in Byzantium: The Transformations of Greek Identity and the Reception of the Classical Tradition, 2007
- The Christian Parthenon: Classicism and Pilgrimage in Byzantine Athens, 2010
- Ethnography after Antiquity: Foreign Lands and People in Byzantine Literature, 2014
- A New Herodotos: Laonikos Chalkokondyles on the Ottoman Empire, the Fall of Byzantium, and the Emergence of the West, 2014
- The Byzantine Republic: People and Power in New Rome, 2015
- Streams of Gold, Rivers of Blood: The Rise and Fall of Byzantium, 955 A.D. to the First Crusade, 2017
- A Cabinet of Byzantine Curiosities: Strange Tales and Surprising Facts from History's Most Orthodox Empire, 2017
- Romanland: Ethnicity and Empire in Byzantium, 2019
- Byzantium Unbound, 2019
Byzantium & Friends 
- Interview with Dr. Anthony Kaldellis, The Institute for the Study of Western Civilization, Texas Tech University 
- Anthony Kaldellis on the Crisis of Hellenism, Society for the Preservation of the Greek Heritage 
- "Byzantium & Friends". byzantiumandfriends.podbean.com. Retrieved 2021-01-22.
- on YouTube
- "Anthony Kaldellis / SPGH Panel Discussion on Crisis Hellenism 04 20 2016". YouTube.
- "Anthony Kaldellis". Ohio State University. Retrieved September 10, 2020.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "Anthony Kaldellis" (PDF). Ohio State University. Retrieved September 10, 2020.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)