This article includes inline citations, but they are not properly formatted. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Antara Nandy with Jim Ankan Deka
|Born||Sivasagar, Assam, India|
|Genres||Pop, Hindustani Classical, Western Classical, Bollywood, Easy Listening|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Playback Singer|
|Associated acts||Abhijeet Bhattacharya, Alka Yagnik, Queen Hazarika, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Jim Ankan Deka, Debojit Saha, Raghav Chatterjee, Supratik Ghosh|
Antara Nandy is an Indian playback singer from Assam. She became known after reaching the final rounds and becoming one of the top three girl finalists in the music talent and reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs-2009 which was aired on Zee TV. Antara has a lot of songs to her credit now.
Early life and career
Antara Nandy completed her schooling from Delhi Public School, Ruby Park, Kolkata and is now a studying Mass Comm in Symbiosis International University . She started her vocal training in Indian classical music under Padmashree Ustaad Rashid Khan at the age of 5 years. Later she joined ITC Sangeet Research Academy. In 2013 Antara joined KM Music Conservatory, founded by A. R. Rahman and started her western classical music training. She is the winner of Ullas and other inter school music competitions at various levels.
Antara won the "Best Music – Music Video" category in the "Delhi Shorts International Film Festival-15" for her first own composition & music "YA DEVI". She was nominated for 'Ramdhenu Viewers Choice Awards' in the Best Female Singer category in 2013. She is the recipient of the 'Star Wars Award 2012' conferred by Dream Catchers, Singapore, and Young Achiever Award in 2014 bestowed on by Integrated Council for Socio-Economic Progress, Kolkata. She is also a Scholar at Centre for Cultural Resources and Training - Govt of India (CCRT). She is the youngest Bengali vocalist to perform at the prestigious Durbar Hall, Kolkata.
Antara gave her first major public performance at the Netaji Indoor Stadium in Kolkata at the age of 9 and released her debut album Ei Jibon Nohoi Xuna Bondhu  (this is not life my friend)(an Assamese album) in 2010. She collaborated with renowned singers like Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Pulak Banerjee, Debojit Saha, Luna Bharali Das and Debajit Choudhury in the album. Her second album 'Eso Matoh Lakkhi Devi' (a Bengali devotional album) with Bollywood playback singer Raghav Chatterjee  raced up the charts to reach the TOP 4 position within 3 weeks of its release in Kolkata. She had sung in many other collaborative albums. She had also been performing all over the country including some prestigious events like Alive-India in Concert. many college shows and shows in social events
In 2013, Antara sang hits like 'Police Babu' and 'Najanu' for Hengul Theatre. Najanu won the Ramdhenu Viewers Choice award in 2013. In the same year, she rendered her voice in the Assamese album "Xarodi Puwa" featuring a critically acclaimed semi classical composition of Dr. Bikram Borkotoki under the banner Times Music, Mumbai. She had also recorded a number of theme and title songs for various Bangla TV serials which were aired on Star Ananda, ETV Bangla and other channels.
Apart from albums and TV serials, Antara has also sung for films in a few regional languages. She had sung the opening item song for the Assamese film KHEL - the Game. In 2017, she recorded for the Bengali film "Kichuta Somoy"  and also the hit Assamese Song "Bindas"
In 2012 Antara collaborated with Assamese musician Jim Ankan Deka on a campaign against violence towards women based on the Delhi gang rape incident. The duo along with Assamese singer Queen Hazarika and playback singer Ritwika Bhattacharya released a music video Aawaz - speak up against sexual violence, where Antara raised her voice against child sexual abuse. The song was produced by Bangalore-based Eastern Fare Music Foundation and the video was directed by Parmita Borah. The video won several awards in various music and film festivals.
In October 2015, Antara released her video "YA DEVI Celebrating Womanhood", a song which is Sung and composed by Antara. This song went on to win the best music award in the music video category in the 4th. Delhi Shorts International Film Festival'15. and also won in the Music category in the Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival - Jury Mention 2015. Her new single "DOHAI" is released in December 2015 which is a fusion of a Bangladesi folk with Hindustani Classical Tarana's
Antara has performed in various live shows both in India as well as internationally.
"Ja Ud Ja Re" is a modern song released by Antara in August 2017. This song is an Original and was written by Antara when she was in school. She composed the song and music was arranged by the talented Ambar Das.
|Year||Film||Song name(s)||Co-singer(s)||Music Director(s)||Reference(s)|
|2015||KHEL - the Game||Nixati Joto Ronge||Solo||Jayanta Pathak|||
|Ei Jibon Nohoi Xuna Bondhu||Assamese||2010|||
|Eso Matoh Lakkhi Devi||Bengali||2011|||
|Tumi Aaahibaa Buli||Assamese||2013|||
Awards and nominations
|2009||Zee Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (Lil Champs)||Best Singer||Singer||Reality TV Show||Template:Top 3 girls|
|2013||Music Star Wars (Singapore)||Best Singer||Singer||Rock (English)||Won|
|2015||Delhi International Shorts Film Festival- 2015||Best Music||Composer with Soorya||Fusion||Won|
|2015||Mumbai International Shorts Film Festival-2015||Best Music - Jury||Singer||Fusion||Won|
- Aawaz - speak up against sexual violence (2012) 
- Police Babu (2013) 
- Najanu (2013) 
- Aakaxok Subo Khojo (2015) 
- Moh Moh Ke Dhaage (Cover) (2015) 
- Aawaz - speak up against sexual violence (2012)
- Najanu (2013)
- Aakaxok Subo Khojo (2015)
- Ennodu Nee Irundhaal (Cover) (2015) 
- Ya Devi - Celebrating Womanhood 
- DOHAI - A Fusion 
- JA UD JA RE - A modern song, written and composed by Antara 
- Antara Nandy - the teen sensation of Assam, OKNorthEast.com
- Antara Nandy gives a dazzling performance Archived 15 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine, Zee TV
- Rashid Khan, ustadrashidkhan.com
- ITC Sangeet Research Academy as a Junior Scholar, www.itcsra.org
- KMMC, kmmc.in
- AR Rahman, arrahman.com
- Antara Nandy- and sang the little bird!, Friedeye.com
- Song of the soul, The Telegraph (Calcutta)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), " Miniboxoffice.com"
- , "Thestatesman.com"
- Antara Nandy, Meetkalakar.com
- Ei Jibon Nohoi Xuna Bondhu, Ei Jibon Nohoi Xuna Bondhu
- Eso Matoh Lakkhi Devi, youtube.com
- Raghav Chatterjee, raghabchatterjee.com
- It's time for folk music with Antara Nandy and Dipannita Acharya, Daily News and Analysis
- Calcutta champs, The Telegraph (Calcutta)
- Antara Nandy - SA Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs contestant, Assam.org
- KHEL - the Game ,youtube.com
- Rooh Music (25 August 2017). "KICHUTA SAMAY -- BENGALI SHORT FILM -- MUSIC MONTAGE -- ROOH MUSIC INDIA" – via YouTube.
- Tunes Assam (20 August 2017). "Bindass I Lyric Video I Ambar & Antara I Rajdweep I Chiranjeev Theatre - Tunes Assam" – via YouTube.
- Assamese musician wins Bronze, Assamtimes.org
- Aakaxok Subo Khojo ,youtube.com
- Aakaxok Subo Khojo - the second from Chaitunes series, Musicmalt.com
- Ya Devi , youtube.com
- , Interview
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), "Miniboxoffice.com"
- , Dohai
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 August 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), Live Shows
- "Sisters Antara and Ankita's Version of Pinga Has Over a Million Views". NDTV.com.
- Staff, Magical Assam (29 May 2016). "Antara and Ankita's Version of Pinga Goes Viral on Internet". magicalassam.com.
- ANTARA NANDY (25 August 2017). "Ja Ud Ja Re - Official Music Video - Antara Nandy" – via YouTube.
- Nixati Joto Ronge ,youtube.com
- Ei Jibon Nohoi Xuna Bondhu ,youtube.com
- Eso Matoh Lakkhi Devi ,youtube.com
- Tumi Aaahibaa Buli ,youtube.com
- Aawaz - speak up against sexual violence ,youtube.com
- Police Babu ,youtube.com
- Najanu ,youtube.com
- Moh Moh Ke Dhaage ,youtube.com
- Ennodu Nee Irundhaal (Cover) ,youtube.com
- Ya Devi - Celebrating Womanhood , youtube.com
- Interview ,
- Dohai - A Fusion ) ,youtube.com