The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He grew up in Cologne and in the Périgord. He studied in Paris and Rome where he obtained, respectively, a master's and then a doctorate degree in philosophy. His advisor was Mario Perniola. A member of the Krisis Groupe, he has published numerous articles in different journals and reviews, including Iride (Florence), Il Manifesto (Rome), L'Indice (Milan) and Mania (Barcelona). In his writings, he has attempted to revive critical theory through a new interpretation of the work of Karl Marx. He is currently teaching aesthetics at the Accademia delle Belle Arti di Sassari.
- An Imbecile's Guide to Guy Debord's concept of the Spectacle
- Jappe, Anselm. Debord. Pescara: Tracce, 1992 (English translation by Donald Nicholson-Smith, Berkeley: University of California Press, 1999).
- Les Habits neufs de l'empire : remarques sur Negri, Hardt et Rufin (with Robert Kurz) (Editions Lignes, 2003).
- L'avant-garde inacceptable - réflexions sur Guy Debord (Editions lignes-Léo Sheer, 2004).
- Adventures of the commodity: for a new criticism of value (Munich 2005)
- Accademia delle Belle Arti di Frosinone:Anselm Jappe Archived January 9, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
|This biography of a German philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|