|Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court|
|Assumed office |
September 1, 2016
|Appointed by||Mark Dayton|
|Preceded by||Christopher Dietzen|
|Judge of the Minnesota Fourth District Court|
March 10, 2008 – August 31, 2016
|Appointed by||Tim Pawlenty|
|Preceded by||Harry Crump|
|Succeeded by||Michael Burns|
|Born||February 9, 1967|
|Alma mater||St. Catherine University|
Hamline University School of Law
Anne K. McKeig (born February 9, 1967) is an associate justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. She is its first Native American justice. She was previously a judge of the Minnesota Fourth District Court in Hennepin County from 2008 to 2016.
Early life and education
McKeig was a family court judge of the Minnesota Fourth District Court in Hennepin County, appointed by Republican Governor Tim Pawlenty in 2008. She was the presiding judge of the family court since 2013.
DFL Governor Mark Dayton announced his appointment of McKeig to the Minnesota Supreme Court on June 28, 2016. She is its first Native American justice as well as the first female Native American to serve on any state supreme court. Her appointment also marked the second time the court had a majority of women since 1991. She joined the court on August 31, 2016. Her formal investiture ceremony was held on September 15, 2016.
- Stassen-Berger, Rachel E.; Montgomery, David (June 28, 2016). "Dayton picks new Supreme Court justice: Anne McKeig". Pioneer Press. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- Autey, John (September 15, 2016). "Anne McKeig sworn in as Minnesota's first Native American Associate Supreme Court Justice". Pioneer Press. Retrieved September 16, 2016.
- Lopez, Ricardo (June 28, 2016). "Dayton selects McKeig as next Supreme Court justice". Star Tribune. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- Pugmire, Tim (June 28, 2016). "Dayton judicial pick brings female majority to MN Supreme Court". Minnesota Public Radio. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- "Associate Justice Anne K. McKeig". Minnesota Judicial Branch. Retrieved September 16, 2016.
- Lopez, Ricardo (September 16, 2016). "Minnesota swears in its first American Indian Supreme Court justice". Star Tribune. Retrieved September 16, 2016.
| Judge of the Minnesota Fourth District Court
| Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court