Passey at the 2015 British Academy Television Awards
|Known for||Sienna Blake in Hollyoaks (2012–)|
Passey graduated from The Bridge Drama School in London.
Passey first started her career in the BBC documentary film The Last Flight to Kuwait in 2007 opposite Freddie Stroma. Later in 2011, she starred in the British drama film, A Landscape of Lies, written and directed by Paul Knight, and stars Andrea McLean, Lucinda Rhodes-Flaherty and Daniel Peacock. In 2012, she starred in Saint Dracula 3D, written and directed by Rupesh Paul, and stars Mitch Powell and Ciara Bailey. In 2014, Passey starred in The Smoke directed by Ben Pickering, and stars Matt Di Angelo, Lili Bordán, Stephen Marcus and Alan Ford. For her role, Passey stated that she was worried on "how Hollyoaks fans would react to her role" as "it’s one of those things, it’s a sex scene in a film and you can’t have sex without being naked". The film was released on 20 October 2014.
On 21 November 2012, Passey started playing the role of Sienna Blake in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks. Emily Lawrence was initially cast in the role, before Passey replaced her. Tina Campbell of the Metro praised Passey's portrayal and described Sienna as having various layers to her personality. She noted that a backstory consisting of a woman beating father, unhinged mother and long-lost brother left her normality doomed. She added that "despite her (many) flaws, you can’t help but love Sienna" and deemed her Hollyoaks' best character. Katie Archer of BT described Sienna as appearing "sweet and innocent", but "on the inside, things are far uglier." MSN.com labeled the character a "barmaid [turned] psychopath". Viewers' perception of Sienna changed during her tenure. A startled Passey told an Inside Soap reporter that Sienna gained sympathy following revelations about her long-lost daughter.
For her role as Sienna, Passey won the "Villain of the Year" award at The British Soap Awards 2014. She was nominated for "Most Popular Newcomer" at the 2014 National Television Awards. Passey was nominated for "Best Bitch" and "Best Storyline" [Sienna Blake plots to steal Nancy's life] in the 2013 Inside Soap Awards. In 2017, she was nominated for "Best Actress" at the British Soap Awards.
|2009||Keys||The woman||Short film|
|2011||A Landscape of Lies||Sergeant Egan|
|2012||Saint Dracula 3D||Celeberant|
|2012–present||Hollyoaks||Sienna Blake||Series regular|
|2019||Free Rein||Felicite||Recurring role|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Inside Soap Awards||Best Bitch||Sienna Blake in Hollyoaks||Shortlisted|
- "Hollyoaks actress Anna Passey heads home to open new Uttoxeter shop". Burton Mail. 7 January 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "The Bridge Theatre Training Company - Our Alumni Success". The Bridge Theatre Training Company. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "'Last Flight to Kuwait – the Secret of BA Flight 149'". University of the Arts London. 2007. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Ex-hostages demand UK inquiry". BBC. 2006. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Saint Dracula 3D". Houston Press. 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Hollyoaks hottie warns: My boob-flashing scene will shock tea-time tele fans". Daily Star. 26 October 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "The Smoke - Out NOW - Top British Soap Stars on Film". The Fan Carpet. 20 October 2014. Archived from the original on 22 April 2015. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (26 October 2012). "'Hollyoaks': Cindy's daughter Holly returning to soap". Digital Spy. (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Kilkelly, Daniel. "Exclusive: 'Hollyoaks' Dodger Savage to discover twin sister". Digital Spy. (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Campbell, Tina (3 March 2014). "From her scheming ways to her dreamy brother Dodger: Why Sienna is the best character in Hollyoaks right now". Metro. (DMG Media). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Archer, Katie (18 August 2013). "Hollyoaks' Sienna Blake - exclusive soap chat". bt.com. (BT Group). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Anna Passey: Sienna couldn't kill". MSN. (Microsoft). 5 July 2013. Archived from the original on 25 May 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Passey: Fans rooting for Sienna now". Yahoo!. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Dainty, Sophie (25 May 2014). "Hollyoaks wins top prize at British Soap Awards". Digital Spy. (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Anna Passey who plays Sienna Blake of Hollyoaks nominated at National TV Awards". Uttoxeter Post and Times. 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "National Television Awards 2014: full list of winners". The Daily Telegraph. (Telegraph Media Group). 22 January 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Passey.|