|Full name||Anirudh Thapa|
|Date of birth||15 January 1998|
|Place of birth||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Center midfielder|
|St. Stephen's Academy|
|2012–2016||AIFF Elite Academy|
|2017||→ Minerva Punjab (loan)||14||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:35, 30 January 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10:30, 8 June 2019 (UTC)
Anirudh Thapa (born 15 January 1998) is an Indian professional footballer who plays as a central midfield for Chennaiyin in the Indian Super League and for India national football team. He has also appeared for U-23 Indian team.
Born in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, he started his schooling at St. Joseph's Academy and also played football for his school team. Then Thapa began playing football at the age of ten at the St. Stephen's Football Academy in Chandigarh. After spending time with the India under-14 side, Thapa was selected to join the AIFF Regional Academy in Kalyani in 2012. As he moved up the national youth team ranks, Thapa was moved into the AIFF Elite Academy where he became captain of the side in the I-League U19. In April 2016 Thapa, along with four other players, was selected to join French Ligue 2 side Metz on a short training-stint which was sponsored by Indian Super League side Chennaiyin.
In November 2016, due to the injury of Dhanachandra Singh which ruled the defender out for the rest of the ISL season, Thapa was put into the Chennaiyin squad as a replacement. He made his professional debut for the team in the side's final match of the season against Goa. He started the match and played 67 minutes. He almost scored his first goal but unfortunately it was given an own goal.
Thapa first represented India at the under-14 level. He was part of the under-16 side that won the 2013 SAFF U-16 Championship and participated in the qualifiers for the AFC U-16 Championship. Thapa then went on to represent the under-19 side in the SAFF U-19 Championship.
On 6 January 2019, Thapa scored his first ever international goal in a 4–1 win against Thailand in 2019 AFC Asian Cup. He scored the second goal against the same opponent in 2019 King's Cup which India won 1–0.
- As of 8 June 2019
- Scores and results list India's goal tally first.
|1.||6 January 2019||Al Nahyan Stadium, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates||Thailand||2019 AFC Asian Cup|
|2.||8 June 2019||Chang Arena, Buriram, Thailand||2019 King's Cup|
- As of 5 June 2018
|Club||Season||League||Federation Cup||Super Cup||Continental||Total|
|Minerva Punjab (loan)||2016–17||I-League||14||1||0||0||—||—||—||—||14||1|
- Chennaiyin FC
- "Anirudh Thapa captain of the Indian National Football Team (Under-19)". Indian Gorkhas. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Talwar, Gaurav (22 April 2016). "Doon boy Anirudh to train with French football club FC Metz". Times of India. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Chennaiyin FC's Dhanachandra Singh ruled out of the season with knee injury". Goal.com. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Goa vs. Chennaiyin". Soccerway.
- "Anirudh Thapa signed for Minerva Punjab". Minerva Punjab FC (Facebook).
- "Thailand 1 India 4: Chhetri the hero as Constantine's men go top of Group A". Goal. 6 January 2019. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "YOUNG INDIA BEAT THAILAND, FINISH THIRD IN KING'S CUP". the-aiff.com. AIFF. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Anirudh Thapa". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Anirudh Thapa at Soccerway