Andrew T. Guzman
|Alma mater||Harvard, Ph.D.
Harvard Law School, J.D.University of Toronto, B.Sc.
|Occupation||Dean of USC Gould School of Law|
Andrew T. Guzman is the dean of USC Gould School of Law. Formerly, he was the Jackson H. Ralston Professor of Law and Associate Dean at UC Berkeley School of Law, where he is also the Director of the Advanced Law Degree Programs, and Associate Dean for International and Advanced Degree Programs.
He holds a B.Sc. from the University of Toronto (1990), a J.D. from Harvard Law School (1996), a Ph.D. in economics, also from Harvard, also in 1996. He is a member of the Academic Council of the Institute for Transnational Arbitration. Among other publications, he is the author of Overheated, How International Law Works, and International Trade Law
Research and teaching
Guzman is a specialist in international trade, international regulatory matters, foreign direct investment, and public international law. He teaches foreign investment law, international law and international relations, international trade, and contracts.
- Andrew T. Guzman, Overheated: The Human Cost of Climate Change, Oxford University Press, 2013
- Andrew T. Guzman & Joost Pauwelyn, International Trade Law, Aspen Publishers, 2012
- Andrew T. Guzman & Joost Pauwelyn, International Trade Law: Document Supplement to the Second Edition, Aspen Publishers, 2012
- Andrew T. Guzman, Cooperation, Comity, and Competition Policy, Oxford University Press, 2010
- Andrew T. Guzman, How International Law Works, Oxford University Press, 2008
- Andrew T. Guzman & Alan O. Sykes, Research Handbook in International Economic Law, Elgar Publishing, 2007
- Andrew T. Guzman, The Law and Economics of Soft Law, Handbook on the Economic of Public International Law, (2012)
- Andrew T. Guzman, Against Consent, Virginia Journal of International Law, (2012)
- Andrew T. Guzman, Climate Change and U.S. Interests: Reply to Responses, Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review, (2011)
- Andrew T. Guzman, A Strategy for Cooperation in Global Competition Policy, in Regulation and Competition in the Global Economy: Cooperation, Comity, and Competition Policy, (2012)
- Andrew T. Guzman & Timothy L. Meyer, International Soft Law, Journal of Legal Analysis, (2010)
- Andrew T. Guzman & Joly Freeman, Climate Change and U.S. Interests, Columbia Law Review, (2009)
- Gilien Silsby. "Andrew Guzman Named New Dean of USC Gould". USC Gould School of Law. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
-  Associate Dean for International and Advanced Degree Programs at UC Berkeley School of Law
- Berkeley Law. "Berkeley Law - Faculty Profiles". Berkeley Law - Faculty Profiles. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
-  Institute for Transnational Arbitration
- "Overheated". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- , Importers as Regulators: Product Safety in a Globalized World, Import Safety: Regulatory Governance in the Global Economy. Ed. Cary Coglianese & Adam Finkel. Penn. Press (2010)
- , Expropriatory and Non-Expropriatory Takings Under International Investment Law, The Selected Works of Andrew T. Guzman (2012)
- , Against Consent, Virginia Journal of International Law 52 (2012): 747.