Brown with the New York Mets
|Born: September 10, 1984|
|MLB: June 12, 2011, for the St. Louis Cardinals|
|KBO: March 28, 2015, for the SK Wyverns|
|MLB: June 15, 2014, for the New York Mets|
|KBO: October 3, 2015, for the SK Wyverns|
|Runs batted in||45|
|Runs batted in||76|
Andrew Marshall Brown (born September 10, 1984) is an American former professional baseball outfielder. He has previously played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the St. Louis Cardinals, Colorado Rockies and New York Mets, and for the SK Wyverns of the KBO League.
Major League Baseball
St. Louis Cardinals
During the 2012 season, Brown appeared in 46 games for the Rockies, batting .232 with 5 home runs and 11 runs batted in. On the final day of the regular season, he was ejected by umpire Mark Ripperger for arguing that he had been hit by a pitch that was instead ruled a foul ball.
New York Mets
On January 2, 2013 he signed a minor league contract with the New York Mets that contained an invitation to spring training. He started the season in AAA with the Las Vegas 51s and was called up to the majors on May 3, 2013 when Collin Cowgill was optioned to Las Vegas. During Spring Training 2014 he changed his number from 47 to 30.
He was claimed off waivers by the Oakland Athletics on October 31, 2014. The Athletics designated him for assignment on November 23, when they acquired Ike Davis. However, the Athletics did not tender him a contract by the December 2 deadline, and he became a free agent.
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
On February 29, 2016 he announced his retirement, stating he wished to spend more time with his family.
- "Cardinals bring up OF Brown, put OF Craig on DL". USA Today. 12 June 2011. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Links, Zach (9 October 2011). "Cardinals Designate Andrew Brown For Assignment". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben (12 October 2011). "Rockies Claim Andrew Brown". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- Andrew Brown Statistics and History. Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved October 26, 2012
- Ejection 178: Mark Ripperger (1). CloseCallSports. Retrieved 26, 2012.
- Mets Sign Andrew Brown
- Gleeman, Aaron. "Mets demote Collin Cowgill to minors, add Andrew Brown". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- Vorkunov, Mike (October 31, 2014). "Mets' Andrew Brown, Juan Centeno claimed off waivers as 40-man roster spots open". NJ.com. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "Athletics acquire 1B Ike Davis from Pirates". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 23, 2014. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "Angels sign Andrew Brown". CBS Sports. Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- "Andrew Brown signs in Korea with the SK Wyverns". Yonhap News Agency. Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- "Andrew Brown Korea Stats". Korea Baseball. Retrieved February 2, 2016.