May 1, 1987
|Other names||Mister KO|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2��in)|
|Weight||94.2 kg (208 lb; 14.83 st)|
|Reach||73.0 in (185 cm)|
|Style||Wushu, Kickboxing, Judo|
|Fighting out of||Bucharest, Romania|
|Team||Stoica Brothers Fight Academy|
|Trainer||Andrei Mircea Ochi|
|Notable relatives||Bogdan Stoica, brother|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: April 12, 2019
|2008 Warsaw||Sanshou -85 kg|
|2009 București||Sanshou -80 kg|
|2009 București||Qingda -85 kg|
|2008 București||Sanshou -80 kg|
Andrei Cătălin Stoica (born May 1, 1987) is a Romanian kickboxer currently signed to ONE Championship. He is the first Super Cruiserweight Champion of the SUPERKOMBAT Fighting Championship (SUPERKOMBAT). He is also a three-time wushu national champion and European wushu champion.
- 1 Background
- 2 Kickboxing career
- 3 Championships and accomplishments
- 4 Kickboxing record
- 5 Mixed martial arts record
- 6 Personal life
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
SUPERKOMBAT Fighting Championship
In November 2010, the SUPERKOMBAT announced that they had signed Andrei Stoica and his younger brother Bogdan to compete in the promotion. Its chairman, Eduard Irimia, felt that the Respect Gym brothers have the potential to become top class fighters.
On February 25, Stoica faced Redouan Cairo in a rematch at the SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix I 2012 in Podgorica, Montenegro. Originally, it was announced that Stoica defeated Cairo via decision after 3 rounds. However, SK officials overturned the decision to a no contest as the judges actually scored the bout a majority draw. Stoica had also caused controversy by inadvertently referring to Cairo as "the nigger" in his post-fight interview. Stoica himself apologized for the mistake, blaming his poor command of English (Stoica said he meant to use the term "negro" instead, which caused further controversy).
Stoica was scheduled to face Zabit Samedov for the inaugural SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight Championship at the SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix 2012 Final in Bucharest, Romania on December 22. However, Samedov took ill in the build-up to the fight and replaced by the lower-ranked Arnold Oborotov and so the bout was changed to a title eliminator with the winner facing Samedov. Stoica produced another emotionally-charged performance and knocked Oborotov out in the first round.
He lost to Agron Preteni via unanimous decision in a non-tournament bout at the K-1 World Grand Prix 2012 Final in Zagreb, Croatia on March 15, 2013. The fight was all Stoica, until Preteni dropped him with a left hook early in the second round which earned an eight count and really turned the tide of the fight. Mladen Krajnčec, one of the judges said that this was hardest fight to judge and that K-1 rules clearly state that the one who is in a knockdown loses the fight.
He rematched Agron Preteni at Legend 2: Invasion in Moscow, Russia on November 9, 2013 in a reserve bout of Legend Fighting Show -95 kg tournament. Preteni took majority judges decision in a close fight with lots of strong kicks and punches which did not make lots of damage.
SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight Champion (2013-Present)
Stoica was knocked out by Danyo Ilunga in the tournament reserve bout at GLORY 15 - Light Heavyweight World Championship Tournament in Istanbul, Turkey on April 12, 2014. The two had spirited exchanges in the first round. Ilunga was consistent with his piercing knees to Stoica, who countered them well with his right hand. Both men were successful and landed hard shots before Stoica thought that he had an advantage on a particular combination but just grazed Ilunga with a hook instead of landing clean. This allowed Ilunga to get underneath it and come back with a huge counter right hand that floored and took Stoica out, who didn't have his feet beneath him to answer the ten count. Prior to the fight, he and Benjamin Adegbuyi spent time as sparring partners of Alexander Gustafsson at the Allstars Training Center in Stockholm, Sweden.
He was expected to make the first defence of his SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight Championship against Boy Boy Martin at SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix III 2014 in Constanța, Romania on June 21, 2014. Martin withdrew for undisclosed reasons, however, and was replaced by Ali Cenik. Stoica defeated Cenik via unanimous decision to retain the title.
Stoica had his second title defense against Moisés Baute on October 25, 2014, at SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix 2014 Final Elimination, where he won via KO in the third round. The win also earned him 2014 Fight of the Year and 2014 Knockout of The Year awards.
Stoica next faced Emilio Vallecillo on November 22, 2014, at SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix 2014 Final, Stoica won via TKO in the first round.
Stoica faced Marcello Adriaansz on March 7, 2015 at SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix I 2015 and won via unanimous decision.
On August 1, 2015, at SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix IV 2015 Stoica defended his title by defeating Fred Sikking by first-round KO. He scored with a left that ended the bout in one minute and fifteen seconds. After the win Stoica stated "I told you before. This belt it's mine. Sikking came out aggressive, he threw some shots, but he had no chance."
A superfight against Pavel Voronin took place for October 2, 2015 at SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix 2015 Final Elimination. In the first round Stoica looked to work the head and body with punches while mixing in the occasional kick, Voronin looked to attack Stoica's lead leg with kicks. Stoica took over in the second round as his boxing was too fast and accurate for Voronin. In the third round Stoica connected with a knee to the body that forced Voronin to take a knee. He recovered to make it to the end of the bout, but Stoica took home a clear unanimous decision winning his eight consecutive fight.
Championships and accomplishments
- SUPERKOMBAT Fighting Championship
- SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight Championship -95 kg/209 lb (First)
- 2014 Fighter of the Year
- 2014 Fight of the Year (vs. Moisés Baute)
- 2014 Knockout of The Year (vs. Moisés Baute)
- First SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight Champion
- Tied (Cătălin Moroșanu) for most consecutive wins in the SUPERKOMBAT (15)
- Tied (Cătălin Moroșanu) for longest win streak in SUPERKOMBAT history (15)
- Most successful title defenses in SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight history (3)
- Most consecutive title defenses In SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight history (3)
- Most finishes in SUPERKOMBAT title fights (2)
- Romania Sports Journalists' Club (CSJ)
- 2014 Fighter of the Year
- Romanian National Championships
- Gold (2008, 2009, 2009)
- European Championships
- European Champion (one time)
50 Wins (28 (T)KO's), 12 Losses, 1 NC
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|1 match||0 wins||0 losses|
|NC||0–0 (1)||Ronald Garland||No contest (Kick to the Groin)||Strike FC: Night of Gladiators||April 18, 2008||1||-||Ploiești, Romania|
- Official SUPERKOMBAT Profile
- Profile at GLORY
- Professional MMA record for Andrei Stoica from Sherdog
- "Results" (PDF). ewuf.org. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 April 2009. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Rezultate Taolu & Sanshou" (PDF) (in Romanian). wushu.ro. 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Rezultate Qingda" (PDF) (in Romanian). wushu.ro. 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Rezultate Taolu & Sanshou" (PDF) (in Romanian). wushu.ro. 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Fighters Rankings". liverkick.com. Archived from the original on 2016-05-29. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Combat Press Kickboxing Rankings: November 2015". liverkick.com.
- "Glory 15 fight preview: Danyo Ilunga vs Andrei Stoica". bloodyelbow.com.
- "Andrei Stoica talks career and upcoming Super Kombat fight ~ Muay Thai Authority". Archived from the original on 2013-09-02.
- "Dupa verii Ghita si Soran in Local Kombat vin fratii Stoica" (in Romanian). respectgym.ro. 29 June 2012. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Dave Walsh. "SuperKombat 2012 World Grand Prix I: Montenegro Live Results".
- Dave Walsh. "Andrei Stoica's Win Overturned; Apologizes for Racist Comments".
- Dave Walsh. "SuperKombat WGP 11, October 20 In Arad: Fight Card".
- Dave Walsh. "SuperKombat WGP 11 Poster + Fight Card Update".
- Dave Walsh. "Superkombat World Grand Prix IV Live Results".
- Dave Walsh. "SuperKombat WGP Final 2012 Fight Card, Ustream PPV Available".
- "Andrei Stoica wants Zabit Samedov in a title fight - SuperKombat WGP Final 2012". YouTube.
- "Zabit Samedov will fight Andrei Stoica for Superkombat World Title". YouTube.
- Dave Walsh. "SuperKombat WGP 2012 Final Live Results, Watch Here".
- "Fight Site". www.fightsite.hr.[permanent dead link]
- Dave Walsh. "K-1 World Grand Prix 2013 Live Results".
- "K-1 World Grand Prix Final 8 results and LIVE kickboxing coverage from Zagreb, Croatia TODAY (March 15)". MMAmania.com.
- Dave Walsh. "Full Card for August 30th's SUPERKOMBAT New Heroes".
- Dave Walsh. "The Stoica Brothers Earn a Pair of Finishes at SUPERKOMBAT Targoviste".
- Dave Walsh. "Final Card for SUPERKOMBAT WGP in Botsani".
- Dave Walsh. "Weekend Results: D'Angelo Marshall Wins Big at SUPERKOMBAT".
- Dave Walsh. "A Look at the Eclectic LEGEND: Invasion Fight Card".
- Aleksej Oleinik prisilio Cro Copa na predaju neck crankom, pogledajte borbu(in Croatian)
- Dave Walsh. "LEGEND 2: Invasion Live Results".
- "Legend Invasion 2 gifs and results from Moscow". Bloody Elbow.
- Dave Walsh. "SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final Results".
- "Glory 15 Results and Recap ~ Muay Thai Authority". Archived from the original on 2014-04-14.
- "GLORY 15 Results/Pictures: Saki wins title, Spong suffers horrific leg injury". FSA - FightSport Asia. Archived from the original on 2014-04-13.
- "Gokhan Saki Wins Title, Tyrone Spong Suffers Gruesome Leg Injury at Glory 15". Sherdog.
- "Alexander Gustafssons reportage från ABC".
- Dave Walsh. "LiverKick - Andrei Stoica vs. Horace Martin Set for SuperKombat's June 21st Show". Archived from the original on 2014-06-06. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- Dave Walsh. "LiverKick - Full SuperKombat Card for June 21st". Archived from the original on 2014-06-16. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- Jay Jauncey. "LiverKick - SuperKombat WGP III: Event Results". Archived from the original on 2014-06-28. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "ARTEM VAKHITOV SIGNS NEW DEAL WITH GLORY". gloryworldseries.com. 29 January 2015.
- "SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix Final Elimination Geneva: Results". kickboxingplanet.com. October 27, 2014.
- Jack Sear (2014-11-23). "Superkombat World Grand Prix Monza: Results". liverkick.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-26. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Jay Jauncey (2015-03-07). "SuperKombat Romania Live Results and Stream". liverkick.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-06. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix Bucharest: Results". www.kickboxingplanet.com. 2015-05-23.
- "2015 K-1 MUAY THAI fight – Andrei Stoica vs Abdarhmane Coulibaly – full fight Video SK". sport195.com. 2015-06-20. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Dave Walsh (2015-08-02). "SuperKombat WGP IV in Romania Results". liverkick.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-05. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Full Results for Superkombat from 02.10.2015 LIVE on FightBox HD". fightbox.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Dave Walsh (2015-10-25). "Jorge Loren on Tap for Andrei Stoica in Grudge Match at SuperKombat WGP Final". liverkick.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-26. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Superlatives of Superkombat 2014". SUPERKOMBAT Fighting Championship. Archived from the original on 2015-02-27.
- "Andrei Stoica a fost declarat luptătorul anului 2014 în România" (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 7 December 2014.
- K1 MADRID, 19 MARTIE. LIVE ONLINE. Andrei si Bogdan Stoica, Benjamin Adegbuy si Raul Catinas, cap de afis in Gala Respect World Series(in Romanian)
- "In ring e FIARA, dar acasa e cea mai BLANDA BONA!" (in Romanian). Sport.ro. 23 September 2013.
- "JURNAL | ZIUA ÎNTÂI Andrei Stoica scrie în ProSport înaintea galei de sâmbătă. "Azi l-am ţinut pentru prima oară în braţe pe Alexandru Constantin, băiatul meu de nota 10"" (in Romanian). Prosport. 18 May 2015.