Andrei Aramnau on a 2010 Belarusian stamp
|Born||17 April 1988|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||108.85 kg (240 lb)|
Andrei was born with six fingers on one hand, but had one removed in 2002 before his coach allowed him to train for the European Championships.
He won silver in the 94 kg category at the 2006 Junior World Championships, with a total of 393 kg. At the 2007 Junior World Championships he won gold in the 105 kg category, with a total of 407 kg.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics he won the gold medal in the 105 kg category with world records in the snatch with 200 kg, in the clean and jerk with 236 kg, and with a total of 436 kg. These records have been nullified after the International Weightlifting Federation reorganized the categories. He was scheduled to compete at the 2012 Olympic Games but injured his leg in training and did not compete.
He was named 2008 Belarus Athlete of the Year.
He won the gold medal in the 105 kg category at the 2010 European Championships, with 420 kg in total but then had the medal stripped due to a doping violation.
|Year||Venue||Weight||Snatch (kg)||Clean & Jerk (kg)||Total||Rank|
|2008||Beijing, China||105 kg||193||197||200 WR||1||225||230||236||1||436 WR|
|2007||Chiang Mai, Thailand||105 kg||187||192||195||220||225||228||423|
|2018||Ashgabat, Turkmenistan||109 kg||175||182||5||210||16||392||9|
|2019||Pattaya, Thailand||109 kg||188||193||198||220||225||228||426|
|2010||Minsk, Belarus||105 kg||195||--||220||225||--||--||420||DSQ|
|2014||Tel Aviv, Israel||105 kg||177||182||184||212||5||396|
|2019||Batumi, Georgia||109 kg||181||186||190||216||221||4||411|
|2018||Doha, Qatar||109 kg||173||179||183||208||218||-||401|
|Junior World Championships|
|2006||Hangzhou, China||94 kg||177||216||393|
|2007||Prague, Czech Republic||105 kg||187||220||407|
- IWF.net. "Andrei Aramnau Biography". Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Aramnau Andrei". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 27 May 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Andrey Aryamnov. sports-reference.com
- PDF listing of 2018 Group A world championship entrants in 109 kg
- "Oleksiy Torokhtiy wins gold in 105k". ESPN. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Injury forces Olympic champion Aramnau out of Games". Reuters. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- Marynina, Nastassia (20 January 2009). "Olympic athletes scoop Belarusian sports awards". International Sports Press Association. Retrieved 2 February 2009.
- Andrei Aramnau at the International Weightlifting Federation
- Andrei Aramnau at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
|This Belarusian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|