|Edited by||Richard H. Price|
American Association of Physics Teachers with American Institute of Physics (United States of America)
|Am. J. Phys.|
The American Journal of Physics is a monthly, peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the American Association of Physics Teachers and the American Institute of Physics. The editor is Richard H. Price of the University of Utah.
Aims and scope
The focus of this journal is undergraduate and graduate level physics. The intended audience is college and university physics teachers and students. Coverage includes current research in physics, instructional laboratory equipment, laboratory demonstrations, teaching methodologies, lists of resources, and book reviews. In addition, historical, philosophical and cultural aspects of physics are also covered.
The former title of this journal was American Physics Teacher (vol. 1, February 1933) (ISSN 0096-0322). It was a quarterly journal from 1933 to 1936, and then a bimonthly from 1937 to 1939. After volume 7 was published in December 1939, the name of the journal was changed to its current title in February 1940. Hence, the publication begins under its new title with volume 8 in February 1940.
Abstracting and indexing
This journal is indexed in the following databases:
- Mathematical Reviews
- Abstract Bulletin of the Institute of Paper Chemistry (PAPERCHEM in 1969)
- International Aerospace Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Physics Index
- Current Index to Journals in Education (CSA Illumina - ERIC database)
- Energy Research Abstracts
- Applied Science & Technology Index (H.W. Wilson Company)
- General Science Index ( H.W. Wilson Company)
- Computer & Control Abstracts
- Electrical & Electronics Abstracts
- Physics Abstracts. Science Abstracts. Series A
- "Current Frequency: Monthly, 2002; and Former Frequency varies, 1940-2001" "Library catalog" (Online). Library of Congress. Aug 22, 2007. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Confirmation of Editor, ISSN, CODEN, and other relevant information. "Masthead" (PDF). American Association of Physics Teachers):. 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "About this journal". American Association of Physics Teachers. 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-24.Brief description of this journal.
- "Library catalog" (accessed via World Cat). Wellesley College, Massachusetts. Retrieved 2011-01-24.Bibliographic information for this journal. Abstracting and indexing services are listed here. "v.8 (1940:Feb.)-v.36 (1968),v.59 (1991)"
- Wolfe, David. "Richard Price to Become Next Editor of American Journal of Physics". American Association of Physics Teachers. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- Information pertaining to the former title "The American Physics Teacher". "Library catalog". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Bechtel, Rosanna M (1995). "A brief history of the Abstract Bulletin of the Institute of Paper Science and Technology". Publishing Research Quarterly. 11 (3): 145–151. doi:10.1007/BF02680458.
- ERIC of CSA Illumina. "A print equivalent is no longer available. Historically,ERIC records were included in the print publications Resources in Education (1966-2002); and Current Index to Journals in Education (1969-2002)." 2009.