|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Streaming video service|
|Area served||Canada & USA|
Ameba is an independent, subscription-based streaming video (IPTV) service that hosts educational TV shows, children's cartoons, and music videos via the web, mobile, tablet, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and connected smart devices. The privately funded company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Ameba is currently available throughout the U.S. and Canada for free through AVOD (Ad supported VOD and Linear Streaming) and SVOD (subscription). On March 21, 2019, Ameba became the first CAVCO accredited independent children's streaming service allowing content providers to meet the "shown in Canada" requirement for the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit (CPTC) program.
Ameba TV is available across multiple digital viewing platforms, including:
- the web
- Amazon Prime Channel
- Amazon FireTV
- TiVO (standalone and Cable boxes)
- Xbox 360,
- Roku media streamer,
- Roku Channel, 
- Google TV,
- LGE Smart TV, LGE 3D Blu-ray players, and LGE Smart TV Upgraders.
- iOS devices, including iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone.
- Android Tablets and Phones.
Ameba's content catalog comprises over 10,000 episodes and 2,000 hours of children's shows. The shows come from small independent providers, YouTube creators  and large producers from around the world. Titles are organized into multiple categories. They span several genres, including education, preschool, classics, movies, animation, music and much more. Ameba has a deep catalog of Nostalgic content from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.
- "Ameba TV - About". Ameba.
- "Ameba gains 1,200 subscribers after two days on Google TV". Winnipeg Free Press.
- "List of acceptable online services pursuant to CAVCO Public Notice". Government of Canada.
- "Ameba TV Launches on Amazon Prime". Animation World Network. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "Ameba TV app". Microsoft.
- "ROKU Official Channel Store - Kids Channels". ROKU. Archived from the original on 2012-09-18. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "The Roku Channels Adds 7,000 Free Kids Shows & Movies, With Dedicated Section For Your Family". The Streamable.
- "Ameba Heads to Google TV". Kidscreen Magazine.
- "Ameba Kids TV Channel Launches on LG Smart TV". PRWeb.
- "Ameba Smart Kids TV Comes to iOS Devices". Playback.
- "Ameba - Smart Kids TV Mobile".
- "Ameba's Streaming TV for Kids is now Available for Chromecast". Entertainment News.
- "CINEMOOD White Now Available In Select Target Stores Nationwide And At target.com". PRWeb.
- "The Free Streaming Service Xumo TV is Launching on Android TV". Cord Cutters News.
- "Ameba TV rounds out pre-school programming". RapidTVNews.
- "Ameba TV signs up Nelvana content". C21.
- "Ameba gloms onto four Mondo TV series". KidScreen.
- "AMEBA TV PARTNERS WITH AUSTRALIAN CHILDREN'S TELEVISION FOUNDATION". Senal News.