|Founded||December 16, 2015|
Universal City, California,
Storyteller Distribution Co., LLC, doing business as Amblin Partners is a film and television production company, led by Steven Spielberg, that develops and produces films using the Amblin Entertainment, DreamWorks Pictures and Participant Media banners and includes Amblin Television. The company’s investment partners include Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Entertainment One, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Pictures.
Amblin Partners was founded by Steven Spielberg, Jeff Skoll of Participant Media, Anil Ambani of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group and Darren Throop of Entertainment One on December 16, 2015. The company will primarily focus on producing and distributing films and television using the DreamWorks Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and Participant Media brands. For films, it will use the DreamWorks label for mature content, Amblin label for family-friendly content, and Participant label for social justice content, although the latter will remain a separate company.
On the same day as the company's formation, Amblin Partners announced that it entered into a five-year distribution deal with Universal Pictures by which the films will be distributed and marketed by either the main Universal label or its specialty label, Focus Features. The Girl on the Train was the first film released under the new agreement.
On October 9, 2016, Amblin Partners struck a deal with China's Alibaba Pictures, in which Alibaba acquired a minority equity stake in the company and will handle marketing, distribution support and merchandising of Amblin Partners films in China in addition to co-financing Amblin and DreamWorks films worldwide. On February 15, 2017, Universal acquired a minority stake in Amblin Partners, strengthening the relationship between Universal and Amblin, and reuniting a minority percentage of the DreamWorks Pictures label with its former animation division DreamWorks Animation, which was acquired by Universal's parent company NBCUniversal in 2016.
|Title||Release date||Co-production||Film distributor|
|The BFG||July 1, 2016||Walt Disney Pictures, Amblin Entertainment, Walden Media and Reliance Entertainment||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
|The Light Between Oceans||September 2, 2016||Touchstone Pictures, DreamWorks Pictures, Reliance Entertainment, Participant Media and Heyday Films|
|The Girl on the Train||October 7, 2016||DreamWorks Pictures, Reliance Entertainment and Marc Platt Productions||Universal Pictures|
|Office Christmas Party||December 9, 2016||DreamWorks Pictures, Entertainment 360 and Bluegrass Films||Paramount Pictures|
|A Dog's Purpose||January 27, 2017||Amblin Entertainment, Walden Media and Pariah Entertainment Group||Universal Pictures|
|Ghost in the Shell||March 31, 2017||DreamWorks Pictures, Grosvenor Park Productions and Seaside Entertainment||Paramount Pictures|
|Thank You for Your Service||October 27, 2017||DreamWorks Pictures, Reliance Entertainment and Entertainment One||Universal Pictures|
|The Post||December 22, 2017||DreamWorks Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Reliance Entertainment, Amblin Entertainment, Pascal Pictures and Star Thrower Entertainment||20th Century Fox|
|7 Days in Entebbe||March 16, 2018||Participant Media||Focus Features|
|Ready Player One||March 30, 2018||Warner Bros. Pictures, Amblin Entertainment, Village Roadshow Pictures, De Line Pictures and Farrah Films & Management||Warner Bros.|
|The House with a Clock in Its Walls||September 21, 2018||Amblin Entertainment||Universal Pictures|
|First Man||October 12, 2018||DreamWorks Pictures, Temple Hill Entertainment and Perfect World Pictures|
|Green Book||November 16, 2018||DreamWorks Pictures and Participant Media|
|Welcome to Marwen||December 21, 2018||DreamWorks Pictures, ImageMovers and Perfect World Pictures|
|On the Basis of Sex||December 25, 2018||Participant Media and Robert Cort Productions||Focus Features|
|Captive State||March 15, 2019||Participant Media|
|A Dog's Journey||May 17, 2019||Amblin Entertainment, Walden Media and Pariah Entertainment Group||Universal Pictures|
|Title||Release date||Co-production||Film distributor|
|The Turning||January 24, 2020||DreamWorks Pictures, Amblin Entertainment, Vertigo Entertainment|
|BIOS||October 2, 2020||Amblin Entertainment and ImageMovers|
|The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara||TBA||DreamWorks Pictures and Amblin Entertainment|
|Untitled Blackhawk film||Warner Bros. Pictures, Amblin Entertainment, DC Entertainment||Warner Bros.|
- Frater, Patrick (October 9, 2016). "Steven Spielberg's Amblin Partners Inks Strategic Pact With Alibaba Pictures". Variety. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- Perry, Spencer (February 15, 2017). "Universal Studios Buys a Minority Stake in Amblin Partners". Comingsoon.net. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- "DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment and Entertainment One Form Amblin Partners, a New Film, Television and Digital Content Creation Company". Participant Media. December 16, 2015. Retrieved April 19, 2019.
- Cieply, Michael (December 16, 2015). "Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Studios in Deal to Form New Company". The New York Times. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks Relaunches as Amblin Partners". The Wall Street Journal. December 16, 2015. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- Lang, Brent (December 16, 2015). "Steven Spielberg, Jeff Skoll Bring Amblin Partners to Universal". Variety. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Busch, Anita (December 16, 2015). "It's Official: Spielberg, DreamWorks, Participant, eOne, Others Pact For Amblin Partners". Deadline.com. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Pamela McClintock; Gregg Kilday (December 16, 2015). "Steven Spielberg, Jeff Skoll Team to Form Amblin Partners, Strike Distribution Deal With Universal". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 22, 2015.
- Faughnder, Ryan. "Universal buys minority stake in Steven Spielberg's Amblin Partners". latimes.com. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Lieberman, David (February 15, 2017). "Universal Buys Minority Stake In Amblin Partners". Deadline. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "Universal Acquires Minority Stake in Steven Spielberg's Amblin Partners". TheWrap. February 15, 2017. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (August 22, 2016). "Comcast Completes $3.8 Billion Purchase of DreamWorks Animation".
- Staff, Variety (December 18, 2017). "Amblin Partners Inks Exclusive Music-Publishing Deal With BMG".
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Hermanns, Grant (September 27, 2018). "How to Train Your Dragon 3 Release Date Moved Up One Week". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Masters, Kim (June 16, 2016). "Steven Spielberg on DreamWorks' Past, Amblin's Present and His Own Future". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (April 11, 2016). "Mark Rylance to Reteam With Steven Spielberg in 'The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara'". Variety. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (April 17, 2018). "Steven Spielberg Set To Produce His First DC Film 'Blackhawk' With Eye On Directing". Deadline. Retrieved April 17, 2018.