|Village of Alvena|
Main Street Alvena
|Rural Municipality||Fish Creek|
|Established (Post Office)||1887-10-01|
|• Density||128.0/km2 (332/sq mi)|
Many early settlers to Alvena were of Ukrainian descent. Many were peasant serf farmers in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Others were from Poland and they erected Roman Catholic Churches in the area. Earlier settlers along the South Saskatchewan River were Métis. Many of these families were involved in the Battle of Fish Creek which occurred on April 24, 1885, in Tourond's Coulee, a few miles west of what later became the village of Alvena.
|Canada census – Alvena community profile|
|Population:||55 (-36% from 2001)|
|Land area:||0.43 km2 (0.17 sq mi)|
|Population density:||128.0/km2 (332/sq mi)|
|Median age:||47.7 (M: 43.5, F: 51.5)|
|Total private dwellings:||50|
|Median household income:||$Not Available|
|References: 2006 earlier|
- Edward Bayda – former Chief Justice of Saskatchewan.
- Francois-Xavier Letendre dit Batoche – founder of Batoche, Saskatchewan later lived on a homestead within 1 km of what later became the Village of Alvena. His widow and some of his children lived there until at least 1920.
- Kristin Smart – Former rhythm guitarist of alternative rock band, Deadline.
- Jesse Sawitsky – Drummer of legendary punk rock band Swayze.
- "Ukrainian Pioneer Days in Early Years 1898-1916 in Alvena and District, Saskatchewan published by Appel Printing, 1980, North Battleford, SK". Archived from the original on 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- Kaleidoscope. Many Cultures, One Faith. The Roman Catholic Diocease of Prince Albert 1891–1991, 1990. Solange Lavigne.
- Alvena, Saskatchewan Genealogy and Homestead History
- "2006 Community Profiles". 2006 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". 2001 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Edward Bayda Received Honorary Degree
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online "Letendre, dit Batoche, Francois-Xavier
- Alvena, Saskatchewan Genealogy and Homestead History by Sheila Schmutz
- Letendre Homestead near present-day Alvena, SK by Sheila Schmutz
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|