This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of alternative media supporting the views of the American political left. It covers alternative media sources including talk radio programs, TV shows, podcasts, investigative journalism, documentaries, blogs and other alternative media sources.
Alternative news services
Alternative television networks
Alternative television programs
Alternative radio and online programs and podcasts
- ACLU podcast
- Air America
- Chapo Trap House
- Current Affairs (podcast)
- Common Censored
- CounterSpin Radio (FAIR)
- The David Pakman Show
- Democracy Now!
- The Empire Files
- Freethought Radio
- The Intercept - Podcasts & Spoken Edition
- The Jimmy Dore Show
- The Majority Report with Sam Seder
- Media Roots Radio
- The Michael Brooks Show
- Pacifica Radio
- Ring of Fire
- Thom Hartmann Report
- AlterNet, edited by Roxanne Cooper, acquired by The Raw Story
- The American Prospect, monthly, established 1990. Circulation 55,000.
- The Baffler, established 1988.
- CounterPunch, established 1993.
- Current Affairs, bimonthly, established 2015.
- Dissent, quarterly, established 1954.
- Dollars & Sense, bimonthly, established 1974.
- Fifth Estate, quarterly, established 1965.
- Indy Week
- In These Times, monthly, established 1976. Circulation 17,000.
- The Indypendent, published 17 times per year, established 2000.
- Jacobin, established 2010.
- Labor Notes, monthly, established 1979.
- Left Business Observer, established 1986.
- Left Turn, quarterly.
- Liberation News, official newspaper of The Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Monthly Review, monthly, established 1949. Circulation 7,000.
- Mother Jones, bimonthly, established 1974.
- The Nation, weekly, established 1865. Circulation 190,000.
- The New Hampshire Gazette, fortnightly, press run 5,500.
- New Politics (magazine), semiannually, established 1986.
- People's World, official newspaper of The CPUSA, est. 1924
- The Progressive, monthly, established 1909.
- Revolution, official newspaper of the Revolutionary Communist Party USA, est. 1979
- Review of Radical Political Economics, quarterly, established 1968.
- The Socialist, official publication of Socialist Party USA
- Socialist Appeal, English-language Trotskyist newspaper, International Marxist Tendency
- Texas Observer, established 1954.
- The Texas Tribune, founded in 2009 by John Thornton
- Utne Reader, bimonthly, established 1984. Circulation 150,000.
- Z Magazine, monthly established 1977.
- "Current Affairs | Culture & Politics". www.currentaffairs.org. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- Richard Lingeman and the editors of The Nation (2009). The Nation Guide to the Nation. Vintage.
- "About New Politics". www.newpol.org. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- "About Us | The Texas Tribune". www.texastribune.org. Retrieved 2019-02-01.