Cover of 1999 book on the Alta Vendita which contains important excerpts of the Permanent Instruction, published by Vennari.
|Published||1859, 1999 (TAN Books & Publishers)|
The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita (commonly called the Alta Vendita) is a document, originally published in Italian in 1859, produced by the highest lodge of the Italian Carbonari and written by "Piccolo Tigre" ("Little Tiger"), which, according to George F. Dillon, was supposedly the pseudonym of a Jewish Freemason.
The document details an alleged Masonic plan to infiltrate the Catholic Church and spread liberal ideas within it. The Carbonari had strong similarities to Freemasonry and so the document is seen by some as a Masonic document. In the 19th century, Pope Pius IX and Pope Leo XIII both asked for it to be published. It was first published by Jacques Crétineau-Joly in his book L'Église romaine en face de la Révolution in 1859. It was popularised in the English speaking world by Monsignor George F. Dillon in 1885 with his book the War of Anti-Christ with the Church and Christian Civilization.
- Anticlericalism and Freemasonry
- New World Order (conspiracy theory)
- War of Anti-Christ with the Church and Christian Civilization
- "At the head was the alta vendita, to which deputies were chosen from the other vendite." Catholic Encyclopedia: Carbonari
- "This little booklet reprints a collection of papers — reputedly from 1820s Alta Vendita correspondence — published by authority of Pope Pius IX (1846-1878) in 1859." Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon (2004-12-15). "Anti-masonry Frequently Asked Questions:"Q 10. Doesn't the Alta Vendita prove that Freemasonry is anti-Catholic?"". Archived from the original on 16 August 2006. Retrieved 2006-08-14.
- Republished by Denis Fahey in 1950 as Grand Orient Freemasonry Unmasked as the Secret Power Behind Communism
- "The post-Vatican II revolution bears all the hallmarks of the fulfilling of the designs of the Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita" Freemasonry and the Subversion of the Catholic Church by John Vennari (Traditionalist Catholic)
- Original Italian Text here (#II. on page)
- Marshall, Taylor (2019). "Alta Vendita: Satan's Revolution in Tiara and Cope" (PDF). Infiltration: The Plot to Destroy the Church from Within. Sophia Institute Press. ISBN 978-1-62282-846-3. Archived (PDF) from the original on 5 June 2019. Retrieved 5 June 2019 – via LifeSiteNews.
|This Freemasonry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|