Alonzo L. Hamby
January 30, 1940
Missouri, United States
Alonzo L. Hamby (born January 30, 1940) is an American historian and academic. He is distinguished professor of history emeritus at Ohio University and the recipient of two National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowships, a Harry S. Truman Library Institute Senior Fellowship, a Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Fellowship, and the Ohio Academy of History Distinguished Service Award.
Hamby was born on 30 January 1940. He was born and raised in Missouri.
|Organization of American Historians panel on Truman biographies, including Robert Ferrell's Harry S. Truman: A Life, Alonzo Hamby's Man of the People: A Life of Harry S. Truman and David McCullough's Truman.", C-SPAN|
His books include:
- Liberalism and Its Challengers: From F.D.R. to Bush
- Man of Destiny: FDR and the Making of the American Century
- Man of the People: A Life of Harry S. Truman
- For the Survival of Democracy: Franklin Roosevelt and the World Crisis of the 1930s
- Beyond the New Deal: Harry S. Truman and American Liberalism
- The Imperial Years
- Harry S. Truman and the Fair Deal
- The New Deal: Analysis & Interpretation
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|