|Born||10 July 1956|
|Years active||1980 - present|
Alok Nath (born 10 July 1956) is an Indian film character actor known for his work in Hindi cinema and television. He made his film debut with the 1982 film Gandhi, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture that year. He appeared in the soap opera Buniyaad which took the country by a storm in 1986. He was also in Rishtey, which aired from 1999 to 2001. He appeared in Star Plus serials like Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai, Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
In December 2013, jokes and memes based on characters played by Alok Nath started trending on social media and spread quickly. The Curious Case of Alok Nath - Why did Alok Nath Trend on Twitter, a case-study to analyse the content which led to the interest in Nath, became popular on 4 January 2014. Reacting to the jokes, the actor admitted that he liked most of them.
|1984||Saaransh||Pandit / Astrologer|
|1984||Aaj Ki Awaaz||Hotel / bar owner|
|1984||Pet Pyaar Aur Paap|
|1984||Sheeshay Ka Ghar|
|1987||Yeh Woh Manzil To Nahin|
|1987||Marte Dam Tak||Judge Rameshwar Dayal|
|1988||Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak||Jaswant Singh|
|1988||Kabzaa||Ustad Ali Mohammed|
|1988||Main Zinda Hoon||Alok|
|1988||Hamara Khandaan||Mr. Miranda (Ruby's dad)|
|1989||Bandook Dahej Ke Seenay Par|
|1989||Kasam Suhaag Ki|
|1989||Suryaa: An Awakening||Veer Singh|
|1989||Anjaane Rishte||Ram Mohan|
|1989||Maine Pyar Kiya||Karan|
|1990||Insaaf Ka Suraj|
|1990||Andha Bichar||Rakesh's father|
|1990||Lekin...||Ustad Meraj Ali|
|1991||Ayee Milan Ki Raat|
|1991||Baharon Ke Manzil|
|1991||Pyar Bhara Dil||Porash Sunderlal|
|1991||Phool Bane Angaray||Colonel Singh|
|1991||Shanti Kranti||Police Commissioner|
|1991||Maut Ki Sazaa||Raja Jai Singh|
|1992||Mehboob Mere Mehboob||Mr. T. Choudhry|
|1992||Dil Ne Ikaar Kiya|
|1992||Shola Aur Shabnam||Com. Yashpal Thapa|
|1992||Meera Ka Mohan|
|1992||Bol Radha Bol||Shanti Prasad|
|1992||Sone Ki Zanjeer|
|1992||Sapne Sajan Ke||Deepak's dad|
|1992||Sanam Tere Hain Hum|
|1992||Police Aur Mujrim||Chief Minister||Uncredited|
|1993||Shri Krishna Bhakta Narsi||Narsi|
|1993||Dharam Ka Insaaf|
|1993||Chingari Aur Sholay|
|1993||Aye Meri Bekhudi|
|1993||Antim Nyay||Aadesh Varma|
|1993||Chor Aur Chaand||Dinkar Seth|
|1993||Izzat Ki Roti||Kaka|
|1993||Dil Hai Betaab||Raja's dad|
|1993||Kasam Teri Kasam|
|1993||Zakhmo Ka Hisaab||Kailash Nath|
|1993||Jaan Per Khel Kar|
|1994||Sone Ki Sita|
|1994||Zamane Se Kya Darna|
|1994||Saajan Ka Ghar||Mr. Ram Khanna|
|1994||Anth||Principal Satyaprakash Saxena|
|1994||Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!||Kailashnath|
|1994||Eena Meena Deeka||Kashi|
|1994||Sangdil Sanam||Kailash Nath|
|1994||Mr. Azaad||Havaldar Hari Dada|
|1995||Mere Naina Sawan Bhadon|
|1995||Jeena Nahin Bin Tere|
|1995||Jai Vikraanta||Choudhry Amar Singh|
|1995||Gaddaar||Amar Nath (Priya's dad)|
|1995||Sidhi||Aditya Diwan whom later got controlled by sadhu (vidyanand)|
|1995||Ravan Raaj: A True Story||Commissioner of Police|
|1995||Hulchul||Om Gautam (Chief Minister)||Uncredited|
|1995||Hum Dono||Vikram Saigal|
|1995||Ram Shastra||Lawyer Srivastava|
|1996||Jai Dhakshineshwari Kali Maa|
|1996||Vijeta||Advocate Durga Prasad|
|1996||Papa Kehte Hain|
|1996||Jeet||Prof. Sidhant Sharma|
|1996||Rakshak||Commissioner of Police|
|1996||Hahakaar||Sayed Ur Rehman|
|1996||Ek Tha Raja||Commissioner Paramjeet Singh|
|1997||Anyay Hi Anyay|
|1997||Jeevan Yudh||Vasudev Rai|
|1997||Lahoo Ke Do Rang||Abu Baba|
|1997||Kaun Sachcha Kaun Jhootha||Chief Minister|
|1997||Dil Kitna Nadan Hai||Vikram Singh Rathod|
|1997||Insaaf: The Final Justice||MP Jagat Narayan|
|1998||Tirchhi Topiwale||Alok Lucknowi|
|1998||Vinashak – Destroyer||Police Commissioner|
|1998||Kabhi Na Kabhi||Rajeshwar's Father|
|1998||Bada Din||Shankar Babu|
|1999||Aa Ab Laut Chalen||Rohan's Grandfather|
|1999||Silsila Hai Pyar Ka||Satyaprakash Sinha|
|1999||Pyar Koi Khel Nahin|
|1999||Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United||Ramkishan|
|2000||Kaali Topi Lal Rumaal||Bishamber|
|2000||Aaghaaz||Ram Charan Shukla|
|2000||Khiladi 420||Shyam Prasad Bharadwaj|
|2000||Le Chal Apne Sang||Dhanraj|
|2001||Hum Deewane Pyar Ke||Avinash Roy / Chatterjee|
|2001||Dil Aa Gaya|
|2001||Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love||Jagmohan Thappar|
|2001||Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai||Rana Birendra Pratapsingh|
|2001||Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...||Om Sharma|
|2002||Kaaboo||Master (Shankar's dad)|
|2002||Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge||Rahim|
|2002||Ansh: The Deadly Part||Dina Nathji|
|2002||Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage||Rohit's dad|
|2002||Na Tum Jaano Na Hum||Mr. Malhotra (Esha's granddad)|
|2002||Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam||Dev Narayan|
|2002||Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai||Vishnu Sharma|
|2002||Dil Hai Tumhaara||Mr. Khanna|
|2002||Jeena Sirf Merre Liye||Mr. Khanna|
|2002||Angaar: The Fire|
|2002||Mohabbat Ho Gayi Hai Tumse|
|2003||Indian Babu||Sharad Babu|
|2003||Kaise Kahoon Ke... Pyaar Hai||Somnath|
|2003||Pinjar||Shyamlal (Ramchand's dad)|
|2003||Maa Santoshi Maa|
|2004||Kuchh Kaha Aapne..|
|2004||30 Days||Rai Bahadur Vikram Singh|
|2004||Ishq Hai Teri Tumse||Usman|
|2004||Police Force: An Inside Story||Commissioner of Police|
|2004||Bhola in Bollywood||Mehra|
|2005||Saathi: The Companion|
|2005||Zameer: The Fire Within||Deepraj Khanna|
|2005||Tango Charlie||Mr. Anand Chauhan (Tarun's dad)|
|2005||Sab Kuch Hai Kuch Bhi Nahin||Jayshankar Chaube|
|2005||That Game of Chess||Father|
|2006||Mere Jeevan Saathi||Vicky's dad|
|2006||Chand Ke Paar Chalo||Chander's Father|
|2007||Aur Pappu Pass Ho Gaya||Pappu's dad|
|2007||Sirf Romance: Love by Chance||Gaffoor|
|2008||Ek Vivaah... Aisa Bhi||Bhushan Shrivastava||Hindi|
|2009||Raftaar - An Obsession||Khanna|
|2009||Sanam Teri Kasam||Khanna|
|2009||Thanks Maa||Warden - Juvenile Center|
|2010||Life Express||Mr. Singh - Tanvi's dad|
|2011||Trapped in Tradition: Rivaaz||Mukhiya|
|2014||Punha Gondhal Punha Mujra||Marathi film|
|2014||Kill Dil||Jeewan Sambandh Insurance Owner|
|2015||Second Hand Husband|
|2016||Dil Toh Deewana Hai|
|2018||Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety||Ghasitaram|
|2019||De De Pyaar De||Veerendra Mehra|||
|1985||Chapte Chapter||News Paper Editor|
|1986||Buniyaad||Master Haveli Ram|
|1988||Bharat Ek Khoj||Vivekanand||Episode 47|
|1989||Lohit Kinare||Different Roles|
|1990||Lahoo Ke Phool||Farmer|
|1993–1997||Tara||Deepak Seth / Dipak Saigal Reborn|
|1994||Daane Anaar Ke||Babuji|
|1997||Kabhie Kabhie||Babuji||Directed by Mahesh Bhatt and written by Anurag Kashyap, Akash Khurana and Vinta Nanda|
|2002||Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani||Saurabh Mathur|
|2002||Piya Ka Ghar||Bhavani Shankar|
|2005||Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki||Yashvardhan Mittal||Rani Mittal/Goyal's father|
|2006||Ghar Ek Sapnaa||Amarnath Chaudhary||Samman's father|
|2007||Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai||Baldev Kapoor||Gyan's father|
|2007–2010||Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai||Prakash Chandra Sharma||Ragini's father and Sadna's mamaji|
|2009-2012||Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli||Abba's father||Karan's father in law|
|2011–2013||Kuch Toh Log Kahenge||Dr. Ashish Mathur||Dr. Ashutosh's adoptive father and Dr. Nidhi's maternal grandfather|
|2013||Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se||Balwant Rana||Shivani's grandfather and Raghu's master|
|2014||Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai||Babuji||Father of Laal Singh (Rajesh Kumar)|
|2014–2015||Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali||Dada ji||LD's grandfather|
|2015–2016||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai||Dada ji||Tara's grandfather|
In October 2018, amidst India's Me too movement, Alok Nath was accused of rape by TV producer Vinta Nanda who worked with him in the TV show Tara in the mid-90s. Alok Nath denied the allegation. Subsequently, actresses Renuka Shahane, Himani Shivpuri, Sandhya Mridul, Deepika Amin, and an anonymous Hum Saath-Saath Hain crew member have either admitted to knowing about Nath's predatory behaviour or written about instances where they themselves have been assaulted by him.
On 15 October 2018, Nath sued Nanda for defamation, asking for a written apology and Re 1 as compensation. He has filed the case jointly with his wife Ashu Nath.
On 1 March 2019, Mumbai Mirror reported that Alok Najudge in a movie based on the Me Too movement.
On 11 August 2019, India Today reported that rape case against Alok Nath by Vinta Nanda has been closed due to lack of evidence.
- "'Babuji' Alok Nath turns 58 on his 'sanskaari' birthday". Zee News. 10 July 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 11 April 2020.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "biography-of-aalok-nath". ATULYA BIHAR. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Alok Nath trending twitter". India Today. Archived from the original on 17 September 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Alok Nath becomes latest victim of twitter jokes". Bihar Prabha. 31 December 2013. Archived from the original on 18 August 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Alok Nath to enter Marathi cinema". The Times of India. 5 February 2014. Archived from the original on 5 February 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "boxofficeindia.com". Vivah storms the box office. Archived from the original on 20 December 2006. Retrieved 19 December 2006.
- "indiafm.com". Review of Vivah. Archived from the original on 19 December 2006. Retrieved 19 December 2006.
- "Bollywood's favourite father figure". The Hindu. 28 April 2008. Archived from the original on 31 May 2009. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- Bhopatkar, Tejshree (31 December 2013). "Is Alok Nath the next Rajinikanth?". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Rajwani, Hitesh (2 January 2014). "The Curious Case of Alok Nath - Why did Alok Nath Trend on Twitter". Hitesh Rajwani's Marketing Bytes. Archived from the original on 29 January 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "After Rakhee, Danny, Aloknath joins the club of Bollywood memes". Hindustan Times. 1 February 2014. Archived from the original on 13 March 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Aditi Shome-Ray (5 January 2014). "After Rajinikant, Bollywood's 'babuji' Alok Nath becomes the butt of jokes on Twitter, Facebook; amused actor says fad will die it's [sic] own death". Daily News and Analysis. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Alok Nath reacts to funny tweets about him". Gayatri Sankar. Zee News. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "#MeToo: Rape Case Registered Against Alok Nath". The Wire. Retrieved 4 April 2021.
- "Meet the lesser known brother and sisters of small screen".
- jha, subhash k (4 December 2018). "Vinta Nanda Slams The Film Industry For Working With Alok Nath". Deccan Chronicle. Archived from the original on 17 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Alok Nath to play 'Babuji' in Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai". TellyTRP.in. 25 June 2014. Archived from the original on 2 July 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Multiple Sexual Harrasment [sic] Accusations Against Alok Nath". Headlines Today. 11 October 2018. Archived from the original on 17 October 2018. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- "#MeToo hits Sanskari Babuji Alok Nath, accused of rape and sexual harassment by TV show 'Tara' producer". dna. 9 October 2018. Archived from the original on 9 October 2018. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Alok Nath accused by second woman of harassment". gulfnews.com. Archived from the original on 2 March 2020. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "Alok Nath's behaviour was open secret, says Himani Shivpuri, compares him to Jekyll and Hyde". Hindustan Times. 11 October 2018. Archived from the original on 12 October 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "MeToo movement: Renuka Shahane admits she knew about Alok Nath's reputation, shares her own story". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 12 October 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Sandhya Mridul extends support to Vinta Nanda, says Alok Nath attacked her on TV show sets". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 11 October 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Two actors speak up against Alok Nath". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Alok Nath Sues Writer Who Accused Him of Rape, Demands Re 1". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 15 October 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "#MeToo Movement: Vinta Nanda registers an official complaint against Alok Nath - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 17 October 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "Mumbai Police file rape case against actor Alok Nath". The Indian Express. 21 November 2018. Archived from the original on 21 November 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- Coutinho, Natasha CoutinhoNatasha; Mar 1, Mumbai Mirror | Updated; 2019; Ist, 09:04. "Alok Nath plays a judge in film revolving around #MeToo". Mumbai Mirror. Archived from the original on 1 March 2019. Retrieved 2 March 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "#MeToo: Mumbai police likely to close the rape case against Alok Nath. Here's why". India Today. Archived from the original on 26 August 2020. Retrieved 16 September 2020.