Bailey with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2015
|No. 93 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Born:||March 25, 1989|
Sapelo Island, Georgia
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||288 lb (131 kg)|
|High school:||McIntosh County Academy|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 86|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Bailey was born in Sapelo Island, Georgia. He attended McIntosh County Academy in McIntosh County, Georgia and played linebacker and fullback. As a senior, he played in only four games due to a stress fracture in his back and had one sack. As a junior, he had 138 tackles and three sacks. He also had 323 yards on 51 carries with four touchdowns as a fullback.
As a University of Miami freshman in 2007, Bailey played in all 12 games, mainly on special teams, but appeared in two games as a linebacker. He finished with four tackles. As a sophomore in 2008 Bailey played in 12 games, starting four at defensive end. He finished the season with 36 tackles and five sacks.
As a Junior in 2009, Bailey has 24 tackles and seven sacks.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|10 3⁄4 in
|4.77 s||4.56 s||7.43 s||36.5 in
|11 ft 7 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
At the 2011 NFL Combine, Bailey had the third-highest vertical leap of any defensive lineman, at 36.5". He was drafted in the third round, with the 86th overall pick, of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs. Bailey recorded his first sack against the Packers in week 15. Bailey ended his 2011 season with one sack and 10 tackles. He had only five tackles in 10 games in 2012. The 2013 season was a turning point for Bailey after playing in 15 games finishing the year with 30 tackles, a sack, and two batted passes. In 2014, Bailey produced career highs in almost every defensive stat finishing with 41 combined tackles, five sacks, and two passes defended.
Kansas City Chiefs
On November 15, 2014, the Chiefs signed Bailey to a four-year, $25 million contract extension with $15 million in guaranteed, and a signing bonus of $10 million. He finished 2015 with 38 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles.
On October 18, 2016, Bailey was placed on injured reserve.
In 2018, Bailey played in all 16 games with 13 starts, recording 38 combined tackles, a career-high six sacks, two forced fumbles, and a league-leading four fumble recoveries.
- ESPN.com stats
- "Allen Bailey Combine Profile", NFL.com, retrieved February 9, 2017.
- "2011 NFL Combine-Top Performers-Defensive Line-Vertical Jump". National Football League. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011. Retrieved April 29, 2011. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- Tucker, Doug (April 29, 2011). "Chiefs Take Defensive Lineman Bailey in 3rd Round". Associated Press. Retrieved April 29, 2011. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Hanzus, Dan (November 15, 2014). "Chiefs sign Allen Bailey to four-year, $25M extension". NFL.com.
- "Chiefs Announce Roster Moves". Chiefs.com. October 18, 2016.
- Williams, Charean (July 22, 2019). "Allen Bailey agrees to two-year, $10.5 million deal with Falcons". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.