|Local authority||London Borough of Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway Ltd|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|31 August 1987||Opened|
|London transport portal|
All Saints is a Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station in Poplar in East London. The station is named after nearby All Saints, a Church of England parish church dating from 1821–1823. The station entrance is on the East India Dock Road, the high street of Poplar and is opposite Chrisp Street Market while adjacent to the Poplar Baths, it also has two rail sidings directly west of the station forming part of Poplar DLR depot.
On-train announcements for trains approaching the station describe it as "All Saints for Chrisp Street Market".
There was a previous station on the same site, called Poplar station, which was served by the North London Railway. The location of this station can be seen in the bottom-right hand corner of the Map of Poplar, 1885.
Serco announced that from 24 August 2009, the frequency on the Stratford to Lewisham branch would be reduced at peak times to one train every seven minutes, from the current five-minute frequency. This was to accommodate a flyover that increased frequencies by 30 seconds on the Bank to Lewisham line.
On the DLR, All Saints serves trains on only one branch: Stratford to Lewisham. The Stratford to Lewisham branch only runs during morning peak hours; at other times trains from Stratford terminate at Canary Wharf. Passengers bound for Tower Gateway, Beckton, or Woolwich Arsenal must change at Poplar.
Nearby places of interest
- All Saints Church
- Balfron Tower
- Chrisp Street Market
- Poplar Recreation Ground Memorial
- Robin Hood Gardens
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- A new flyunder comes into service on Monday 24 August[permanent dead link], TFL: DLR News, 12 August 2009
- "DLR frequencies | Transport for London". 15 March 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.Listed as All Saints LRT station
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to All Saints DLR station.|
- All Saints DLR live arrivals and more
- Docklands Light Railway website - All Saints station page
- Map of Poplar, 1885
- Photograph of the platform at All Saints
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||
|This article about the Docklands Light Railway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|