Type of site
|Jazz music database|
|Available in||English, Italian|
|Launched||August 15, 1995|
All About Jazz is a website established by Michael Ricci in 1995. A volunteer staff publishes news, album reviews, articles, videos, and listings of concerts and other events having to do with jazz. Ricci maintains a related site, Jazz Near You, about local concerts and events.
The Jazz Journalists Association voted All About Jazz Best Website Covering Jazz for thirteen consecutive years between 2003 and 2015, when the category was retired. In 2015, Ricci said the site received a peak of 1.3 million readers per month in 2007. Another source said that the site has over 500,000 readers around the world.
Ricci was born in Philadelphia. He heard classical and jazz from his father's music collection. He played trumpet and went to his first jazz concert when he was eight. With a background in computer programming, he combined his interest in jazz and the internet by creating the All About Jazz website in 1995.
Awards and honors
- Best of Web designations from The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time, Forbes, and the BBC
- "allaboutjazz.com Traffic Statistics". alexa.com.
- "Previous Winners". JJA Jazz Awards 2016. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Patterson, Ian (8 September 2015). "Michael Ricci: A Modern Day Jazz Messenger". All About Jazz. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Lansdale area man to be honored with Jazz Bridge Jazz Ambassador Award –". www.tickettoentertainment.com. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Stephans, Michael (17 October 2013). Experiencing Jazz. Scarecrow Press. pp. 451–. ISBN 978-0-8108-8290-4. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- Pack, Thomas (November 2007). "All That Jazz on the Web". Information Today. Vol. 24 no. 10. pp. 46–47. ISSN 8755-6286.
- Schmuckler, Eric (25 March 2002). "Specialty Music". Forbes ASAP. Vol. 169 no. 7. p. 13. ISSN 1078-9901.
- Hebbard, D.B. (22 January 2014). "Online music resource, All About Jazz, launches its own magazine". Talking New Media. Retrieved 8 March 2017.