The All-Around is an award given to a rodeo competitor who is most successful in two or more events. Most individual rodeos and championships determine the winner of this award at the conclusion of the other events or championships.
The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) World All-Around Award is awarded at the Thomas & Mack Center at the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) in Las Vegas, Nevada, every December. The PRCA competitor who wins the most prize money in a year while competing in at least two events, earning a minimum of $3,000 in each event, wins the world all-around championship. All of the events for the NFR are held at the Thomas & Mack Center, except the steer roping, which is called the National Finals Steer Roping (NFSR) and is held at the Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, Kansas.
Trevor Brazile of Decatur, Texas, currently holds the single season record for the most money won in a season at $507,921 during the 2010 campaign. He also holds the record for most all-around titles with 13 from competing in the timed-events of tie-down roping, steer roping, and team-roping. Brazile holds a total of 23 titles altogether in roping events, another record. Ty Murray, who is known as the modern day "King of the Cowboys" of Stephenville, Texas, previously held the record with seven titles, from competing in the rough-stock events, such as saddle bronc riding, bareback bronc riding, and bull riding. He also holds two titles in bull riding.
In Canada, under the rules set forth by the Canadian Professional Rodeo Association in order for a competitor to win the all-around crown, that contestant must win the most money and compete two or more of saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, bull riding, tie-down roping, steer wrestling or team roping. One of the two events must be riding event and one must be a timed event.
- "All-Around". www.prorodeo.com. Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Rodeo 101". www.prorodeo.com. www.prorodeo.com. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "National Finals Steer Roping". Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. www.prorodeo.com. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Kansas Star Casino Hotel Event Center". Kansas Star Event Center. www.kansasstareventcenter.com/. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "Cowboy Biographies - Trevor Brazile". www.prorodeo.com. Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Ty Murray - Biography". Ty Murray - King of the Cowboys. www.tymurray.com. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "The International Professional Rodeo Association". About the IPRA. www.ipra-rodeo.com. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "CPRA Rulebook with Bylaws" (PDF). Canadian Professional Rodeo Association. www.rodeocanada.com. Retrieved January 22, 2018.