|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
27 November 2014 – 11 March 2017
|Minister for Communities and Territories Development|
29 August 2019 – 4 February 2020
|Prime Minister||Oleksiy Honcharuk|
|Preceded by||Hennadiy Zubko|
|Succeeded by||Denys Shmygal|
|Born||27 September 1969|
Kryvyi Rih, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Self Reliance|
Aliona Valeriyivna Babak (Ukrainian: Альона Валеріївна Бабак, born September 27, 1969) is a Ukrainian politician who was appointed in August 2019 as Minister of Regional Development. On 16 January 2020 she announced her resignation. On 4 February 2020 she was formerly dismissed by Parliament (Verkhovna Rada).
Babak was a member of the Parliament of Ukraine of the 8th convocation, member of parliamentary faction Samopomich Union. She was elected to the Verkhovna Rada in the October 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, appearing 8th on the party list of Samopomich Union. She left parliament in March 2017 claiming "I'm not a politician, I'm more of an expert. Political activity is difficult for me as a person."
Aliona Babak was born in Kryvyi Rih, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. Graduated with honours from the Kyiv State Pedagogic Institute of Foreign Languages, attaining the qualification of foreign languages teacher (English and French) in 1996.
Since 1998, Babak has worked as an entrepreneur, manager of international projects, head specialist on pricing and financial management in housing and local development. In 2004, she co-founded and became a member of managing board of the charity organisation 'Local Development Institute', where she specialises on financial management of housing. She has written 30 academic papers on reforming housing and communal services and regulations for the natural monopolists.
She is a member of a working group on reforming of housing and communal services with the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine. Member of the Consulting Council at the National Commission on State Regulation of Communal Services.
- "Народний депутат України VIII скликання: Бабак Альона Валеріївна" [Eighth convocation members of the Verkhovna Rada: Aliona Valeriyivna Babak] (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada.
- New Cabinet formed in Ukraine The Rada appointed the new Cabinet: Avakov and Markarova remained (РАДА ПРИЗНАЧИЛА НОВИЙ КАБМІН: АВАКОВ І МАРКАРОВА ЛИШИЛИСЬ), Ukrayinska Pravda (29 August 2019)
- Babak is leaving her post in Ministry of regions, – the source (Бабак йде з посади голови Мінрегіону, - джерело ). RBC Ukraine. 16 January 2020.
- Honcharuk has decided on new minister of communities and territories (Гончарук визначився із новим міністром громад і територій). TSN. 17 January 2020
- Ukraine's parliament appoints Shmyhal as Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Community Development, UNIAN (4 February 2020)
- "Aliona Babak". Self Reliance.
- "Бабак Альона Валеріївна". Government of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved September 12, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- MinRegion (in Ukrainian)