Himmat, Ali Ghaleb
|Born||16 June 1938|
His daughter Huda Himmat was deputy chair of the Forum of European Muslim Youth and Student Organizations (FEMYSO).
According to Ian Denis Johnson, author of the book A Mosque in Munich, Himmat is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Europe. From 1973 to 2002 Himmat ran the Islamic Community of Germany (IGD). Ibrahim El-Zayat, a former shareholder of the al Taqwa Bank, succeeded Himmat as Chairman of the IGD.
Accusations of criminal activity
In early 2005, Al Taqwa Bank was accused of supporting al Qaeda. In 2005 the Attorney General of Switzerland canceled the criminal proceedings against the two Al Taqwa leaders Youssef Nada and Ghaleb Himmat.
In April 2008 an Egyptian military court sentenced Himmat in absentia to ten years in prison for money laundering and supporting a banned organization. On 26 July 2012, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi pardoned Himmat along with other Muslim Brotherhood officials sentenced by the Mubarak regime.
- Frappierende Parallelen Leseprobe "Die vierte Moschee" von Ian Johnson, Internetseite der Zeitung Freitag [broken link]
- Commission Regulation (EC) No. 866/2003 of 19 May 2003 amending Council Regulation (EC) No. 881/2002 imposing certain specific restrictive measures directed against certain persons and entities associated with Usama bin Laden EUR-Lex
- "Capitalism's Achilles heel: dirty money and how to renew the free-market system" Raymond W. Baker, Verlag John Wiley and Sons, 2005. ISBN 0471644889 . Page 125 in Google books [broken link]
- Women, equality and Islam: Rethinking the faith to meet the expectations of modern man Samir Khalil Samir, AsiaNews 03/02/2010
- Brothers at bay – Egypt's government battles with the Muslim Brotherhood The Economist 17. April 2008
- "Über uns". Archived from the original on February 16, 2006. Retrieved 2017-07-01.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link) IGD Webseite.
- Guter Muslim Beat Balzli, Der Spiegel 46/2001, 12 November 2001
- Wendiger Weltmann Andrea Brandt, Der Spiegel Spezial 2/2008, 25 March 2008
- Verdacht gegen Al Taqwa nicht erhärtet swissinfo 2 June 2005
- Nada scagionato[permanent dead link] Telegiornale, swissinfo.ch 1 June 2005
- Clinton, Hillary. 09STATE69814. US State Department cables.
- U.N. Security Council (10 August 2009). "SC9730". Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Egyptian Brethren appear in court BBC, 4 June 2007
- Egypt: Military Court Convicts Opposition Leaders Human Rights Watch 15 April 2008