This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||11 December 1934|
|Headquarters||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Martijn Bennis (CEO)|
Marcel van Lingen (Chief Editor and Media Director)
Number of employees
The Algemeen Nederlands Persbureau (ANP) is the largest news agency in the Netherlands. ANP was founded on 11 December 1934 by the association of Dutch newspapers (NDP). The news agency’s founders sought to produce a fast, fair and accurate alternative to the existing commercial news agencies.
In 2000, the foundation was transformed into a private company, still owned by the newspaper publishers (NDP). In 2003 NPM Capital, the private equity firm of the Dutch family owned conglomerate SHV, bought 60% of the shares from the publishers PCM Uitgevers, Telegraaf Media Groep and Wegener. Within a year NPM sold 15% of the shares to the private equity firm Halder, a subsidiary of the investment company GIMV. A minority stake remained in the hands of the Dutch newspapers (30%) and the management (10%). In 2007, the Dutch newspapers (NDP) sold their full 30% share stake to NPM, Halder and the management.
With 160 reporters, correspondents, editors and photographers ANP produces over 160.000 news articles a year, accompanied by 600.000 photos. The ANP Multimedia staff airs radio bulletins and edits news for online media and mobile phones. ANP Video produces news footage for television and major news websites. Throughout a network of international correspondents and news agencies ANP delivers foreign news to its customers. The daily production (in Dutch) consists of general, political, financial, sports and entertainment news. A selection in English is available through NIS News Bulletin.
The staff of 250 people is headquartered since 2018 in The Hague (previous headquarters was in Rijswijk) with the other main office in Amsterdam. It also had bureaus in Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Utrecht and Brussels (Belgium).
- "About us". ANP. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Talpa Network neemt het ANP over" (in Dutch). ANP. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "John de Mol's Talpa koopt persbureau ANP" (in Dutch). NOS. 28 March 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Media magnate John de Mol's Talpa Network acquires ANP news service". DutchNews.nl. 18 March 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Werknemers" (in Dutch). ANP. Archived from the original on 23 March 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Werkwijze" (in Dutch). ANP. Archived from the original on 11 February 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Contact" (in Dutch). ANP. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Adresgegevens" (in Dutch). ANP. Archived from the original on 3 March 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ANP.|