|Founded||6 June 1930|
|FIFA affiliation||12 June 1932|
The Albanian Football Association (Albanian: Federata Shqiptare e Futbollit; FSHF) is the governing body of football in Albania. The association is based in Tirana, Albania. It organizes the national football leagues of the Albanian Superliga, the First Division, the Second Division, the Third Division, the Albanian Cup and Supercup. Albania women's national football team, Albanian women's football championship, and the Albanian Women's Cup are also overseen. The association also coordinates the activities of the Albania national football team and the Albania national youth football teams such as Under-21, Under-20, Under-19, Under-18, Under-17, Under-16 and Under-15.
On 14 March 2008, FSHF were suspended by FIFA for "heavy political interference." This means their national teams were banned from playing official matches, representatives banned from official events, and referees unable to officiate FIFA-sanctioned matches. The ban was subsequently lifted as the political interferences were clarified, and on 27 May 2008, Albania played a friendly against Poland.
The current president of FSHF, Armand Duka, has been at this position since 2002 and won the elections for a third term in 2010.
During the 2009 controversy between FSHF and the Albanian government as to the property of the Qemal Stafa Stadium. UEFA insisted in lobbying that the stadium be given to FSHF ownership so that investments on it can be made. In February 2011 it was decided that the new stadium, which will replace the current one and will cost 60M Euro, will be 75% of FSHF and 25% of the Albanian government.
- Tirana (Headquarters)
- Durrës (Regional Office, 2011 opened)
- Shkodër (Regional Office, 2015 opened)
- "Results hint at Albanian ascension". UEFA.com. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Foto e rrallë/ Ja si e ka pritur Ahmet Zogu ekipin kombëtar të futbollit" [Rare picture / Here's how Ahmet Zogu hosted the national football team] (in Albanian). Citynews. 27 December 2015. Archived from the original on 2018-01-12. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "UEFA statement on Albania". UEFA.com. 20 March 2008. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Duka re-elected as Albanian FA president". UEFA.com. 10 March 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Bashkim Tufa (25 August 2010). "80 vjet futboll, Blater d he Platini në Tiranë" [80 years of football, Blatter and Platini in Tirana)] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. Retrieved 24 August 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Stadiumi i ri 60 milione euro" [New stadium 60 million euros] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 3 February 2011. Archived from the original on 2018-01-12. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Inagurohet zyra e pare rajonale e FSHF-se ne Durres Archived 2017-12-10 at the Wayback Machine FSHF.org