This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Alappuzha, Kerala, India|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Line(s)||Ernakulam-Kayamkulam coastal railway line|
|Fare zone||Southern Railway Zone|
|Passengers||6,536 per day|
Alappuzha railway station (also known as Alleppey railway station, code: ALLP) is located at Alappuzha, Alappuzha District, in Kerala, India. The station is a major station on the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam coastal railway line. It is an NSG 3 category station. The station is operated by the Southern Railway zone of the Indian Railways and comes under the Thiruvananthapuram railway division.
Alappuzha railway station has 3 platforms to handle long distance and passenger trains. Escalators inaugurated at PF#1 of Alappuzha Railway station
Alappuzha is an important tourist destination in Kerala. The backwaters of Alappuzha are one among the most popular tourist attractions in Kerala. Alappuzha is also the access point for the annual Nehru Trophy Boat Race. Alappuzha railway station thus acts as a gateway for visiting the tourist attractions in and around Alappuzha.
- Ernakulam-Kayamkulam coastal railway line
- Thiruvananthapuram Railway division
- Ernakulam Junction railway station
- "Annual originating passengers and earnings for the year 2017-18 - Thiruvananthapuram Division" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Alappuzha Railway station to get a facelift". The Hindu. 24 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alappuzha railway station.|