Alan Riach is a Scottish poet and academic.
He was born in 1957 in Airdrie, Lanarkshire, and was educated at Gravesend Grammar School for Boys, Churchill College, Cambridge (BA 1979) and the University of Glasgow (PhD). He taught at the University of Waikato in New Zealand from 1986 until 2001. He is currently the Professor of Scottish Literature at the University of Glasgow. Riach is a regular contributor to The National.
- This Folding Map (AUP, 1990)
- An Open Return (Untold Books, 1991)
- First & Last Songs (Chapman, 1995)
- Clearances (Scottish Cultural Press, 2001)
- Homecoming: new poems 2001-2009 (Luath, 2009)
- Riach, Alan; Gifford, Douglas, eds. (1 October 2004). Scotlands: Poets and the Nation (1st ed.). Manchester: Carcanet Press Ltd. ISBN 9781857547405.
- Guardian, 21 June 1979.
- "Scottish Poetry Library". Retrieved 11 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "University of Glasgow :: School of Critical Studies :: Our staff :: Prof Alan Riach". Retrieved 11 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Profile: Alan Riach". www.thenational.scot. Retrieved 21 November 2018.