Location of Alafaya in Orange County, Florida.
|• Total||38.1 sq mi (98.6 km2)|
|• Land||38.0 sq mi (98.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||75 ft (23 m)|
|• Density||2,100/sq mi (790/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|ZIP code||32816, 32820, 32825, 32826, 32828, 32831, 32833, 32834, 32878|
|GNIS feature ID||2085182|
Alafaya is a census-designated place and unincorporated area in Orange County, Florida, United States. The population was 78,113 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is most known for the Waterford Lakes Town Center, a commercial outlet with various shops.
Alafaya is located in eastern Orange County, Florida, in a broad zone south of State Road 50. The approximate center of Alafaya lies 9 miles (14 km) east of downtown Orlando.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 38.1 square miles (98.6 km2), of which 38.0 square miles (98.3 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 0.25%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Timber Creek High
- Discovery Middle
- Legacy Middle
- Sunrise Elementary
- Waterford Elementary
- Kids R Kids Waterford
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Alafaya CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Alafaya CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.