This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
According to Shia sources Al-Jamia (Also called al-Jami’a, al-Jámi'a, al-Jami'ah, al-Jamea, al-Jami‘, al-Jami, or al-Jama) (meaning “the encyclopedia” or ���the comprehensive”) is a sacred and secret text. Shi'ites believe that it was dictated by Muhammad to Ali, who then wrote down these words.
Description of al-Jamia
The Shia believe that Al-Jamia is currently in the possession of the 12th Imam Muhammad al-Mahdi, after he inherited it from his predecessors. But the Imam went into major occultation and will not come in contact with the world until end of times.
The contents of al-Jamia include:
- Details and showing of all the permitted (halal) and sinful things (haraam).
- Legal verdicts .
- Maxims of the Holy Prophet and the Imams (A.S.): Source: Al-Mawaaizh, Shaykh Saduq. imamreza.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- The Origins of the Knowledge of Ahl al-Bayt (A.S.): Al-Jamia: Source: Ahl al-Bayt (A.S.) in the Holy Qur'an and Hadith, by Ayatullah Muhammadi Rayshahri. imamreza.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Ali the magnificent: Ali’s literary achievements Archived 19 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- ziyaraat.net: Ali the Magnificent, by Yousuf N. Lalljee, pg.69. (PDF) . Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- The virtues of Imam Ali (a.s.): eloquence and rhetoric: his literary achievements Archived 14 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. imamalinet.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Recognition of the Holy Imams (A.S.) in the Light of Traditions: Imam Ali Ibn Musa Al-Riza (a.s), by Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Reza Mudarrisi Yazdi. imamreza.net. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Definition: al-Jami’a. Babylon.com. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- 'Aalim Network QR: al-Jami'a, al-Jafr, Mushaf of Fatima (A) and Zulfiqar, by Liyakat Takim. al-islam.org (1997-04-06). Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- Other Collections, by Dr. Muhsin M R Alidina Archived 23 February 2013 at Archive.today. al-huda.al-khoei.org. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.