Christopher Akintola Ogungbe
|Died||November 28, 2012|
|Other names||Ireke Onibudo and Baba Ibeji|
|Known for||Stage play
|Relatives||Segun Ogungbe (son) Claudius Olaseinde Ogungbe (sibling)|
Christopher Akintola Ogungbe (1934 – November 2012) was a Nigerian film actor, filmmaker, producer and director.
Early life and career
He was born in 1934 at Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, southwestern Nigeria where he later died on November 2012. His mother took him to live with his grandmother after he stopped schooling, at first he went to learn tailoring. He started by watching Baba GT Onimole as an apprentice, according to his brother his first play was title "a terrible life"and his stage name is Baba Ibeji. He had featured, directed and produced several Nigerian films such as Ireke Onibudo and 50-50, a movie produced in 1990 that featured the veteran comic actor Bolaji Amusan.
- 50-50 (1990)
- Ireke Onibudo
- Asiri Baba Ibeji
- Ologbo Jigolo
- Igba funfun
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2019-05-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Akin Ogungbe's last act - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation Nigeria. 2012-12-09. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2015-02-20. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Late Akin Ogungbe Had 20 Wives, 50 Kids — P.M. NEWS Nigeria". pmnewsnigeria.com. Retrieved 20 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Veteran actor, Ogungbe, dies at 78". The Punch— Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Archived from the original on 16 February 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)