|Operating bases||M. R. Štefánik Airport|
|Fleet size||5 (at closure)|
|Key people||Riqbal Singh Sidhu (CEO)|
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The airline was established on 2 June 1993 as Air Terrex, with its first revenue flight (from Bratislava to Tel Aviv) taking place in January 1994. The new name Air Slovakia was adopted in 1995, following the re-positioning of the airline after the Dissolution of Czechoslovakia.
In October 2006 the airline was sold by Indian businessman Ninder Singh Chohan and purchased by Indian businessman Harjinder Singh Sidhu, who aimed at focussing the airline towards his home country, launching several new destinations.
Over its time of existence, Air Slovakia operated an extensive network of charter flights, most of them to the Mediterranean region, but also to the Seychelles, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Destinations that saw scheduled flights included Amritsar, Goa and New Delhi in India, as well as Beirut, Dubai, Kuwait and Tel Aviv. Air Slovakia once also offered some intra-European scheduled flights (to Barcelona, Birmingham, Cologne, Larnaca, London and Milan).
Upon closure, Air Slovakia served the following destinations:
- United Kingdom
The ageing Boeing 727 aircraft that formed the initial Air Slovakia fleet were replaced with Boeing 737-200 in 1999, and later again with the more modern Boeing 737-300 (from 2007) and Boeing 757-200 (from 2003).
Upon closure, the Air Slovakia fleet consisted of the following aircraft, equipped with an all-economy class seating:
On 2 March 2010, the average age of the Air Slovakia fleet was 22.9 years.
- Airline Codes
- "Air Slovakia at airlineupdate.com". Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Contact Archived 2009-08-31 at the Wayback Machine." Air Slovakia. Retrieved on 25 October 2009.
- BBC, U.K., "Fly Air Slovakia for Punjabi experience " 13 October 2006
- "Air Slovakia licence suspended". Archived from the original on 2011-01-27. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Airlines - Slovakia". The World's Airlines. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Air Slovakia at airfleets.net
- Air Slovakia Fleet
- Air Slovakia Fleet Age
- Official website (in English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Slovakia.|