|Born:||December 12, 1988|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||184 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Lakeland (Lakeland, Florida)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 151|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Ahmad Black (born December 12, 1988) is a former American football safety who played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida, and was a member of a BCS National Championship team. Black was drafted by the Buccaneers in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Black officially retired from the NFL on April 9, 2017.
Black was born in Lakeland, Florida, and he attended Lawton Chiles Middle Academy and later Lakeland High School. As a sophomore playing for the Florida Class 5A high school football powerhouse Lakeland Dreadnaughts, he recorded 71 tackles and 10 interceptions, and 71 tackles with six interceptions as a junior. As a Dreadnaught senior, Black recorded 82 tackles and four interceptions.
As a freshman, Black played in seven games as a cornerback for the Gators and recorded seven tackles. As a sophomore in 2008, Black started all 14 games at strong safety and made 59 tackles and seven interceptions for 191 return yards and two touchdowns, and was recognized as a second-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection. Black caught his seventh interception in the Gators' 24–14 win over the Oklahoma Sooners in the 2009 BCS National Championship Game.
Following his senior season in 2010, he was a first-team All-SEC selection and received first-team All-American honors from Rivals.com and second-team honors from the Associated Press. To end his college career, he had two interceptions, returning one 80 yards for a touchdown against Penn State in the Outback Bowl, earning Player of the Game honors.
Black was drafted in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was cut on September 3, 2011, re-signed to the Buccaneers' practice squad two days later, and later activated to the active roster. As a rookie, he appeared in four games during the 2011 regular season, with five tackles and a recovered fumble. On October 1, 2013, he was released again by the Buccaneers, and was eligible for free agency after clearing waivers.
- 2008 Florida Gators football team
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- Ahmad Black Twitter Post
- "2012 Florida Football Media Guide" (PDF). University Athletic Association. Gainesville, Florida. 2012. pp. 68, 78, 88, 89, 94, 95, 97, 100, 103, 106, 116, 138, 144, 158–159, 165, 170, 176. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 27, 2013. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Black caps stellar career with game-winner". Gainesville Sun. January 1, 2011.
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- "Bucs Draft Ahmad Black In 5th Round". Pewter Report. April 30, 2011.
- Alper, Josh. "Buccaneers dump Ahmad Black as well". NBC Sports. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- "https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14146/ahmad-black". ESPN Internet Ventures. External link in
|title=(help); Missing or empty
- Sessler, Marc (November 6, 2012). "Buccaneers' Ahmad Black cited by police for marijuana". National Football League. Retrieved November 6, 2012.