This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono
|Born||10 August 1978|
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
|Relations||Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (Father)|
Kristiani Herawati (Mother)
|Children||Almira Tunggadewi Yudhoyono|
|Alma mater||Indonesian Military Academy|
S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (M.Sc.)
Harvard University (M.P.A.)
Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation
United States Army Command and General Staff College
Webster University (M.A.)
|Awards||Adhi Makayasa - Tri Sakti Wiratama 2000|
|Years of service||2000–2016|
He graduated from Taruna Nusantara High School in 1997 and the Indonesian Military Academy in 2000. He is a holder of the Adhi Makayasa Medal (best graduate of the Military Academy), similar to his father. In July 2006, Agus graduated from the Institute of Defense and Strategic Studies, Singapore with a master's degree in strategic studies, He then continued his studies at Harvard University. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono gave a speech at Harvard Kennedy School in September 2009 and joked that Agus became "another Harvard student working for" him – some of Yudhoyono's ministers and military generals also went to Harvard.
After 16 years in the military, he resigned in 2016 while holding the rank of Major to run as the Democratic candidate for Governor of Jakarta in the 2017 election, with Sylviana Murni as his running mate. He was supported by the Democratic Party, United Development Party (PPP), National Awakening Party (PKB), and National Mandate Party (PAN). He finished third in the election with 17.06% of the popular vote, behind Basuki Tjahaja Purnama and Anies Baswedan who secured 42.96% and 39.97% of the total votes respectively. Due to this, he was excluded from the second phase of the elections.
- "Hj. Ani Yudhoyono/profil". 22 August 2015.
- "'Tumpengan' marks Yudhoyono's 9-9-9 birthday". The Jakarta Post. 10 September 2009. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (2010). "Towards Harmony Among Civilizations". Harvard Asia Pacific Review. Cambridge: 6. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- "Super Sempurna, Foto Pernikahan Agus - Annisa Pohan 10 Tahun Lalu". KapanLagi.com (in Indonesian). 10 August 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Annisa Pohan-Agus Yudhoyono Menikah
- "Cucu Pertama SBY Saat Lahir Enam Tahun Lalu Dibanding Wajah Terkini". Tribunnews.com (in Indonesian). 19 August 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Mundur dari TNI, Agus Yudhoyono Tak Dapat Uang Pensiun". Poskota News. 23 September 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Carina, Jessi (25 October 2016). Rastika, Icha, ed. "Agus-Sylvi Nomor 1, Ahok-Djarot Nomor 2, dan Anies-Sandiaga Nomor 3". Kompas (in Indonesian). Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- Tashandra, Nabilla (28 September 2016). Krisiandi, ed. "Parpol Pengusung Agus-Sylviana Finalisasi Susunan Timses Jumat Pekan Ini". Kompas (in Indonesian). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Pilkada Provinsi DKI Jakarta". Portal Publikasi Pemilihan Kepala Daerah 2017. General Elections Commission. Retrieved 22 February 2017.