|Jeff Swanhorst, CEO|
|US$ 577 million (2018)|
|Total assets||US$ 109.7 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||US$ 5.9 billion (2018)|
AgriBank, part of the US Farm Credit System, serves as a wholesale lender and business-service provider to a 15-state network of local farm credit associations in a district that stretches from Ohio to Wyoming and Minnesota to Arkansas. AgriBank is the second largest of the four Farm Credit Banks and has over $100 billion in assets. Its headquarters is in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota.
Leadership includes an 18-seat board of directors and an executive team based in St. Paul. Directors serve 4-year terms.
AgriBank is the product of mergers of several regional Farm Credit Banks:
- 1992 merger of the Farm Credit Bank of Saint Louis and Farm Credit Bank of Saint Paul to form AgriBank.
- 1994 merger with the Farm Credit Bank of Louisville.
- 1994 merger of the Farm Credit Bank of Spokane and Farm Credit Bank of Omaha to form AgAmerica Farm Credit Bank.
- 2003 merger with AgAmerica Farm Credit Bank.
- St. Paul's AgriBank empire: It's not a household name, but the St. Paul-based bank has a long reach. By Tom Webb. St. Paul Pioneer Press Sat, Feb. 18, 2006