|Agnes of Burgundy|
|Duchess of Bourbon|
|Duchess consort of Bourbon|
|Predecessor||Marie, Duchess of Auvergne|
|Successor||Joan of Valois|
|Died||1 December 1476 (aged 68–69)|
|Spouse||Charles I, Duke of Bourbon|
|Issue||John II, Duke of Bourbon|
Mary, Duchess of Lorraine
Philip of Bourbon
Charles II, Duke of Bourbon
Isabella, Duchess of Burgundy
Peter II, Duke of Bourbon
Louis of Bourbon
Margaret, Duchess of Savoy
Catherine, Duchess of Guelders
Joanna, Princess of Orange
Jacques, Count of Montpensier
|Father||John the Fearless|
|Mother||Margaret of Bavaria|
Agnes of Burgundy (1407 – 1 December 1476), duchess of Bourbon (Bourbonnais) and Auvergne, countess of Clermont, was the daughter of John the Fearless (1371–1419) and Margaret of Bavaria. Her maternal grandparents were Albert I, Duke of Bavaria and Margaret of Brieg. Her paternal grandparents were Philip the Bold and Margaret III, Countess of Flanders.
Marriage and issue
- John of Bourbon (1426–1488), Duke of Bourbon
- Mary of Bourbon (1428–1448), married in 1444 John II, Duke of Lorraine
- Philip of Bourbon (1430–1440), Lord of Beaujeu
- Charles of Bourbon (Château de Moulins 1434–1488, Lyon), Cardinal and Archbishop of Lyon and Duke of Bourbon
- Isabella of Bourbon (1436–1465), married Charles, Duke of Burgundy. Isabella was mother of Mary of Burgundy.
- Peter of Bourbon, (1438–1503, Château de Moulins), Duke of Bourbon
- Louis of Bourbon (1438 – 30 August 1482, murdered), Bishop of Liège
- Margaret of Bourbon (5 February 1439 – 1483, Château du Pont-Ains), married in Moulins on 6 April 1472 Philip II, Duke of Savoy, parents of Louise of Savoy
- Catharine of Bourbon (Liège, 1440 – 21 May 1469, Nijmegen), married on 28 December 1463 in Bruges Adolf II, Duke of Guelders
- Joanna of Bourbon (1442–1493, Brussels), married in Brussels in 1467 John II of Chalon, Prince of Orange
- Jacques of Bourbon (1445–1468, Bruges), Count of Montpensier. Unmarried
|Ancestors of Agnes of Burgundy, Duchess of Bourbon|
- O'Reilly, Elizabeth Boyle, How France Built Her Cathedrals, (Harper Brothers Publishers:London, 1921), 265.
- Leguai, André, "Agnès de Bourgogne, duchesse de Bourbon (1405?-1476)," in Les ducs de Bourbon, le Bourbonnais et le royaume de France à la fin du Moyen Age (Société bourbonnaise des études locales: Yzeure, 2005), 145-60.
- de Sousa, Antonio Caetano (1735). Historia genealogica da casa real portugueza (in Portuguese). Lisbon: Lisboa Occidental. p. 147.
- O'Reilly, Elizabeth Boyle, How France Built Her Cathedrals, (Harper Brothers Publishers:London, 1921)
|This article related to women's history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a French peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|