|Born||April 3, 1996|
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
|Listed height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Career highlights and awards|
She played for the women's team of the National University (NU) from UAAP Season 75-79. She has been included in the Mythical Team from Season 76-79. In 2014, she led National University to its first UAAP women's basketball championship bagging her first MVP award in Season 77. In 2015, Bernardino was named the Most Valuable Player and Finals MVP in the UAAP Season 78 women's basketball tournament. . In her final year, she was named the Most Valuable player leading NU to its 3rd straight championship and also won and became champions of the inaugural UAAP women's 3x3 basketball competition. She has consumed all her playing years in UAAP by 2017 after competing at UAAP Season 79
National team career
She has represented the Philippines in international basketball competitions such as the 2015 FIBA Asia Women's Championship, the 2015 Southeast Asian Games, and the 2016 SEABA Championship. Team Philippines won their first-ever women's basketball championship at the 2019 Southeast Asian Games held in the Philippines. Also winning gold in the 3x3 women's basketball tourney along with Jack Animam, Janine Pontejos and Clare Castro.
- "Afril Bernardino's Profile". FIBA Archive. FIBA. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Terrado, Reuben (21 July 2017). "National University star Afril Bernardino wins MVP title in UAAP 78 women's basketball". Sports Interactive Network Philippines. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "NU belles start title-retention bid vs Ateneo". Tempo. 23 June 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Leongson, Randolph (30 June 2020). "Long before Thirdy, Lim and Bernardino have proven worth in overseas leagues". Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- Micaller, Bea (8 January 2020). "Women's 3×3 tilt looms". Daily Tribune. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- Li, Matthew (29 April 2018). "Afril Bernardino headlines Philippine 3×3 World Cup team". Tiebreaker Times. Retrieved 29 April 2018.
|This Filipino biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|