The origin of the name Afeka is from "Afeka association", which was established at 1943 with a purpose of purchasing property for people. The neighborhood was founded in 1955 by former Haganah officers who were looking for a location to build their homes.
- Carter Garden: The oldest public garden of the neighborhood.
- Yad Avner: A building of the department of geography of Tel Aviv University and a local police station.
- Be'it Ha'lohem (the soldier home): compound of buildings used by injured Israel Defense Forces soldiers for sport and rehabilitation.
- Afek association square: Traffic circle, perpetuating the association who led the establishing of the neighborhood.
- Chelli Goldenberg (born 1954), model and actress
- Yaron London (born 1940), media personality, journalist, actor, and songwriter
- Elazar, D.J.; Kalchheim, C. (1988). Local government in Israel. University Press of America. ISBN 9780819169402. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- "Homepage | מכללת אפקה - לימודי הנדסה גבוהה בתל אביב (Afeka College of Technology)". english.afeka.ac.il. Archived from the original on 2014-09-22. Retrieved 2015-05-29. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|This geography of Israel article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Tel Aviv-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|