Afef Jnifen in 2009
|Occupation||Fashion Model, Actress, Television Presenter|
|Height||176 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
Afef Jnifen (born 3 November 1963) is a Tunisian fashion model, actress and television presenter. Born in Ben Gardane, Tunisia, she is a naturalized Italian citizen. She is married to Marco Tronchetti Provera, an Italian businessman and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pirelli & C. S.p.A. She is also daughter of the former Tunisian ambassador Mohamed Jnifen, who used to be ambassador in: Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain. Her mother, Saida Benina, is of Turkish origin.
Afef's modeling career began when she was discovered by photographer Jean-Paul Goude, who spotted Jnifen walking on the beach while he was shooting a Club Med ad with Carla Bruni in the Bahamas. Goude put Jnifen in the ad and suggested she go to Paris and meet the designer Azzedine Alaïa. She quickly became a favorite model of many of Europe's top designers, travelling between Milan and Paris while working for Armani, Fendi, Gaultier, Cavalli, and others. Afef's successful career in fashion has since spanned three decades representing top international brands such as L'Oreal, Paris.
In addition to modeling, Afef is also a successful actress, known for La grande notte (2003), and television productions such as Quelli che... il calcio (1993) and Maurizio Costanzo Show (1982).
In 2017, Jnifen was named the ambassador of Fashion 4 development.
- "Afef Jnifen - Dagospia". Dagospia. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Sanna, Cristiano (2019). "[Il ritratto] Afef, le quarte nozze, i milioni e quei veleni da scansare. Il potere riservato di una ribelle". Tiscali Spettacoli. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Tunisian-born beauty Afef Jnifen". W Magazine. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- Lockwood, Lisa (2017-08-30). "The Late Franca Sozzani to Be Honored by Fashion 4 Development". WWD. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- La grande notte on IMDb
- Quelli che... il calcio on IMDb
- Maurizio Costanzo Show on IMDb
- "Project Runway: Abdelhanine Raouh, étoile montante de la couture au Maroc". Al HuffPost Maghreb (in French). 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Former Bazaar Cover Star Afef Jnifen Named Ambassador Of Fashion 4 Development". Harper's BAZAAR Arabia. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
|This Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|