|Categories||Advertising and Marketing|
|Year founded||January 11, 1930|
|Company||Crain Communications, Inc.|
|Based in||New York, NY|
Ad Age (or Advertising Age) is a global media brand publishing analysis, news and data on marketing and media. The magazine was started as a broadsheet newspaper in Chicago in 1930. Today, its content appears in multiple formats, including AdAge.com, daily e-mail newsletters, social channels, events and a bimonthly print magazine.
Ad Age is based in New York City. Its parent company, Detroit-based Crain Communications, is a privately held publishing company with more than 30 magazines, including Autoweek, Crain's New York Business, Crain's Chicago Business, Crain's Detroit Business, and Automotive News.
Ad Age launched as a broadsheet newspaper in Chicago in 1930.
In 1999, Advertising Age published a list of the top 100 players in advertising history. Among these were Alvin Achenbaum, Bill Backer, Marion Harper Jr., Mary Wells Lawrence, ACNielson, David Ogilvy, and J. Walter Thompson. In 1980, Henderson Advertising, founded by James M. Henderson in Greenville, South Carolina, became the first agency outside New York or Chicago to be named "Advertising Agency of the Year" by Ad Age.
The site AdCritic.com was acquired by The Ad Age Group in March 2002.
An industry trade magazine, BtoB, was folded into Ad Age in January 1, 2014.
This section relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ad Age annual events and honorifics include:
- Ad Age A-List & Creativity Awards
- Ad Age Small Agency Conference and Awards
- Ad Age 40 under 40
- Ad Age Women to Watch
- Ad Age Next Conference
- "Ad Age Comes of Age: A Timeline of Classic Covers". Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Crain Communications, Inc.|Company Profile|Vault.com". Vault. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "James M. Henderson (1921-1995)". knowitall.org. Retrieved May 4, 2014.
- "Trade-mag publisher absorbs AdCritic". CNET. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- D.B. Hebbard (October 1, 2013). "Crain Communications says it will fold BtoB magazine into Advertising Age in 2014". Talking New Media. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- "After 87 Years, Ad Age Rebrands For A New Era". Co.Design. 2017-09-29. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Creatives, Directors, Production Companies -- Ad Age's A-List and Creativity Awards Are for You Too". Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Meet Ad Age's 2017 40 Under 40". Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Ad Age's Women to Watch 2017". Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Are You Coming to Ad Age Next?". Retrieved 2017-10-04.
|This trade magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|