This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent||Owner Resource Group|
Advantage Business Marketing (ABM) was a private, American digital marketing and information services company owned by the venture capital firm Owner Resource Group. The company was founded in 2006 and was based in Rockaway, New Jersey (United States).
In the period between 2006 and 2014, the company transitioned from print-centric to digital media, increasing digital revenues from 11% to 50% of total revenues. The company's growth during this period has come from both "organic" growth and strategic acquisitions.
In 2018, the organization transitioned fully from a digital media organization to a digital marketing organization, following market trends. As such, the company changed its name from Advantage Business Media to Advantage Business Marketing, updated its logo, and began the overhaul of its digital websites and assets.
In 2006, Rich Reiff and George Fox purchased several publications from Reed Business Information with the backing of private equity provided by Catalyst Investors. Catalyst sold ABM to Owner Resource Group in 2014.
In 2011, ABM acquired Continuity Insights and Vicon Publishing; this was followed in 2013 by acquisition of eMedia Vitals. Vicon Publishing was renamed by ABM to Vicon Business Media and instantiated as a subsidiary organization. Vicon operates out of New Hampshire, United States.
In 2014, Lonergan was brought in by investment firm ORG (Owners Resource Group).
In 2018, Cummings was brought in as CEO to help undertake the rebranding from Advantage Business Media to Advantage Business Marketing.
In 2019, Cummings held a staff meeting on June 11, where he told all employees that the company was filing for bankruptcy and closing effective immediately. Staff had until end of day to vacate the premises. 
Titles published by ABM
Publication titles and ISO 4 abbreviations are listed
- ALN Magazine (ALN Mag.)
- ALN World (ALN World), no longer published
- Bioscience Technology (Biosci. Technol.)
- CED (CED), formerly Communications, Engineering & Design
- Chem.Info (Chem.Info) 
- Continuity Insights (Cont. Ins.), no longer an ABM brand
- Chromatography Techniques (Chromatogr. Tech.), no longer an ABM brand
- Controlled Environments Magazine (Control. Environ. Mag.)
- DFI News Digital Forensic Investigator (DFI News Digit. Forensic Investig.), no longer published
- Drug Discovery & Development (Drug Discov. Dev.) aka DDD Mag.
- Electronic Component News (Electron. Compon. News) aka ECN
- Food Manufacturing (Food Manuf.)
- Forensic Magazine (Forensic Mag.)
- Industrial Distribution (Ind. Distribution)
- Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operations (Ind. Maintenance Plant Oper.)
- Laboratory Design (Lab. Des.)
- Laboratory Equipment (Lab. Equip.)
- Manufacturing Business Technology (Manuf. Bus. Technol.)
- Manufacturing.net (Manuf. Net.)
- Medical Design Technology (Med. Des. Technol.)
- Pharmaceutical Processing (Pharm. Process.)
- Product Design & Development (Prod. Des. Dev.)
- R&D Magazine (R&D Mag.)
- Scientific Computing (Sci. Comput.)
- Surgical Products (Surg. Prod.)
- Wireless Design & Development (Wirel. Des. Dev.)
- Wireless Week (Wirel. Week)
- Collins, Allison (12 February 2014). "Owner Resource Buys PE-Backed Advantage Business Media". Mergers & Acquisitions.
- "Advantage Business Media LLC". Private Company Information. BusinessWeek. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Rondon, Michael (13 February 2014). "Advantage Business Media Sold to PE Firm". Folio.
- Callahan, Sean (9 August 2011). "Advantage Business Media's digital road map". Advertising Age.
- Marketing, Advantage Business. "National Media Publisher Pivots Business Model to Deliver Greater Customer Value". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- Staff (18 January 2012). "Advantage Business Media Purchases Vicon Publishing, Inc". Telecommunications Weekly. Archived from the original on 9 April 2016 – via HighBeam Research.
- Mickey, Bill (24 September 2010). "Falsified Recordings Land Eight Advantage Business Media Titles on BPA Probation". Audience Development. Archived from the original on 6 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "2015 Integrated Media Planning Guide" (PDF). Drug Discovery & Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-10-03. Retrieved 2 October 2014.